jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Driving - way off any topic!

1. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Sometimes I just need to pat myself on the back publicly!

I drove over 2 miles today smile Loaded hubby in the car and started my baby steps toward driving again today!

Goal - drive by myself any where I want to go by the time school starts in September.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations.  Baby steps are just small accomplishments.  Keep it up.

2. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I don't know why you apparently stopped driving, but the best thing you could ever do is drive again.  I knew someone who never bothered to get a license until she was in her late thirties.  I know someone else who was always kind of a nervous driver, so she just gave up driving.  It made her life miserable because she was otherwise an independent-minded person.  The more she didn't drive, the less she wanted to.  Keep driving.

3. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Congrats! Yes keep on driving! The more you drive, the better and more comfortable you'll get!

4. 0
    Useful Knowledgeposted 7 years ago

I had to go through this when I had panic attacks.

I remember driving again for the first tme. This is a big step and congradulations!

You should be proud of yourself.

1. Jane@CM profile image59
      Jane@CMposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks everyone.  Panic attacks are the reason I stopped!  I would have one every time I was driving away from my home...now with some new learned techniques through therapy (yes I said that word out loud) I'm beginning to feel more comfortable.  I love driving....I love being able to run away from home, if its only to the mall to window shop. I need to do it for me, but mostly for my son so I get him from point A to point B.  I won't be able to rely on my daughter anymore as she is going away to college (sniff, sniff).  Again, thanks!

5. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I hate the traffic and other drivers. I've been in some near-accident situations, and that makes me nervous to drive sometimes.

I've written a number of articles about driving and safety too.

6. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

Congrats!  I remember how hard it was to take my children anywhere after rolling the vehicle with them in it, on black ice.

I still don't like to drive in the winter, and am very cautious, but no longer overly intimidated.

7. Kya profile image60
    Kyaposted 7 years ago

You can be proud of yourself! The longer you stop the more difficult it is to do the first step again, so well done to started now.