jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

How to get Analytics working for my Hubs?

1. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Apologies in advance.  I believe I've seen this question before but can't locate it now that I need it...you know, just like I can never find that $50,000 in cash that I remember stashing under the mattress.

Anyway, just signed up for an Analytics account yesterday, posted the code onto my personal website's home page so I wouldn't lose it, got everything activated, but mostly I want to know which Hubs are performing commercially and which aren't.  Must be a procedure for tracking the Hubs, no?  Yes?

This is one case in which I really will listen to advice!  (Yeah, I know such cases are sort of in the Snowball in July category.)

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Yup, you post the Analytics code in the same place you posted your Adsense and eBay codes etc - in the Affiliates section of "My Account"

3. 0

Hm.  Well, thanks, Marisa...but I'm still missing something.  I do have the tracking code placed in the Affiliates section, and it's tracking my poetic-humor site just fine.  But NOT any of my Hubs.  The Google "Help" menu says I should be able to do it page by page by putting the longer JavaScript code snippet on a page even when I don't own the site, but that doesn't work, either--just comes up with the code still showing, not working behind the scenes.

I've seen other Hubbers discuss their Analytics results for Hubs,  and I presume you're one who has that in place, but so far I'm about as clear on this as Mr. Magoo trying to read the fine print in an insurance policy at forty paces.

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm still sooo lost on this issue. Analytics not working for me cos i cant figure it out yet. And i've had such good advice from hubbers, but still dont get it right??

4. cashmere profile image83
    cashmereposted 7 years ago

Hi Ghost, you will have to add each of your individual hub urls in channels to get individual data for them.

5. 0

Thanks, Cashmere.  I just finished figuring that out from reading some of the various posts in the "Help Me!!" forum, put one group of Channels in, 'nuff for tonite.  The help is appreciated as always.

6. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Now I'm really confused.  Are we talking Analytics or Adsense?

You can put your individual Hubs in as channels in Adsense.

I didn't think it was possible in Analytics, so all you can see is your total HubPages traffic.  But then maybe I'm behind the times - I haven't linked the two accounts together yet. 

The fact they're not individually listed doesn't worry me, because I can tell which Hubs are visited by the keywords. And the channels in Adsense tell me what each Hub is earning, and the statistics in HubPages itself tells me how many visitors I'm getting.