jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

First Hub, unable to get "Tags" formatted properly

1. okmom23 profile image77
    okmom23posted 7 years ago

I went through the forums, and found a thread on this. The suggestion was to sign out and sign back in. I tried, but without success. Any thoughts?

2. Mike Craggs profile image65
    Mike Craggsposted 7 years ago

Your tags look fine to me but your text looks a bit iffy. If that is what you meant then I suspect you "copy and pasted" it from something like Word as it is showing it as being preformated.

I would suggest saving a copy of it using the "save as" feature in Word (or whatever your using) as a plain text file (they usually have a ".txt" suffix) and then try copy and pasting that in to your hub in place of the text already there. See if that cures the problem.

If this isn't what you are having a problem with you will have to explain a little more of what you think is wrong.

3. okmom23 profile image77
    okmom23posted 7 years ago

Thank you, Mike. I appreciate your help with my txt...I will work on it!
    My tag's come up in a column instead of a box, and THEY look awful to me!
    I want to make sure I am creating nice looking hubs before I proceed any further.
    Thank you again for taking the time to look at my first hub, and for your suggestions!

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

okmom, you can't control the tags - all you can do is type them in.  HubPages does the formatting etc.  I've noticed they come up looking strange on some Hubs, too, and I have no idea why.

Your text still looks horrible, I'm afraid!  Are you copying and pasting from Word or some similar program?  Try highlighting the text and using the drop down formatting box to change between styles - with a bit of luck, that will lose the icky formatting and put it back to HubPages standard font, which looks much smarter. 

Notice you can highlight text and then click on the buttons at the top of the text capsule to add numbering, that works a lot better than typing in the numbers manually because things will automatically line up properly.

Also, if you split your text into separate text capsules, you can put your headings in the capsule heading and they'll come out looking good automatically, too.