jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

Would you trade the pen for a brain that writes what you think?

1. MissJamieD profile image79
    MissJamieDposted 7 years ago

Do you love the feel of a writing utensil between your fingers or keys beneath them portraying your deepest thoughts? Or would you trade that for a brain chip that automatically records what you're thinking?

1. anjalichugh profile image86
      anjalichughposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No never.

2. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would have way too much editing to do, if I had a brain recorder.

2. newblogssociety profile image59
    newblogssocietyposted 7 years ago

No wouldnt that be a sin

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

No

4. blondepoet profile image80
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

Trade it then I could conserve the energy of my fingers for other things

5. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

I think I'd opt for the brain chip, as long as I could turn it off occasionally, not sure I'd want it recording everything I thought. smile

1. onthewriteside profile image73
      onthewritesideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would have to agree with VooDoo.  I think it would be very handy to have a chip that would record my thoughts, as I have some great ones, "spur of the moment", that I can't actually re-create when it comes to putting them to paper later, so to speak.  However, it would most certainly have to be something I was in complete control of, as I wouldn't want most of the random stuff floating through my mind recorded.

I can recall a time when visiting my parents in Hilton Head, SC where I was outside having a cigarette.  Looking at the Spanish Moss dripping off of the Live Oaks in their yard, I couldn't help but to come up with a couple of descriptive lines which personified the trees as basically, "old bearded wise men who had seen it all".  But when my smoke was finished, and I ran inside to write the words down, it didn't sound anything like it did in my head.

Then again...I would hate to have to "re-read" the various dubious thoughts I might have throughout the day.  I would probably end up hating myself!  lol

6. getpaidtopost profile image59
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

too right, Id be first in line for one.

7. Eaglekiwi profile image72
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

No, I couldnt possibly improve on the brain Ive got now lol

1. blondepoet profile image80
      blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

We talking about your brain writing for you hahaha I know you have the best brain EK but without a chip what you going to do when they come for you xo

1. Eaglekiwi profile image72
        Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I will send kmackey to answer the door smile

sorry I must be tired , I thought it read swapping a pen (that writes) for your brain (current)

1. blondepoet profile image80
          blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lol it may have to I think I need a nap. Totally confused now EK erk eek

8. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I like my brain left as Nature intended it, and I love the clickety-clack of typing - so I'll skip the chip.  (Besides, if it malfunctioned it might spew out stuff I don't want put in writing.  smile  ).

working