What's the most romantic thing someone has ever done for you?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (102 posts)
  1. MissJamieD profile image57
    MissJamieDposted 14 years ago

Please share with us, the most romantic night you've ever had....please! smile

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

We had just found out we were pregnant. My husband booked a spa weekend in a posh hotel.  There were roses and sparkling apple cider (non-alcoholic).  As soon as we got there, I got nauseated and spent the majority of the time hugging the bowl.  Damn morning sickness!

2. lawretta profile image62
      lawrettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

when my boy friend bought me my 1st car on valentines day...

2. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Well there are many to ponder on. Around 5 years ago this guy took me to this little cabin in the middle of a rainforest in the middle of no-where.It had a log fire, all 5 star inside. In the spa room it had a great mirror where you could see outside but no-one could see in, and we sat in there with champagne and watched all the nightlife go by. He put rose petals all over the bed, candles, soft music, blah blah.
    We went on the patio and made love beneath the stars, then suddenly we heard a moo moo. There was a bunch of cows standing right beside us hahah taking notes. Haha the perves...
    http://www.funny-games.biz/images/pictures/192-cow-biker.jpg

MissJamieDposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sounds awesome, even with the cows. Did you have a little mood moo-sic? lol...sorry, I had to do it. Thanks for sharing hon, seriously, that's awesome!

1. blondepoet profile image68
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahaha oh there was some good moo-sic going on, and so we kept going, can't have a bunch of cows putting out the spark. What was funny hahaha is they were chewing grass, everytime I looked at them, these huge mouths were chomping arghh arghhh arghhhh, had to try not to look at them or I would have lost the plot.

lol...I love that story, it's adorable:)

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
      Eric Graudinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Funny you should mention that.
      One day I'll tell you about the night that a mate and I hired this cow suit . . . .
      cool

Hahahaha I thought I heard a bloke say "Hey Eric it is a moo not a baa."
        Did you learn anything????

3. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

My bf gave me a rose when we started dating. I kept it and dried it of course...

So one day he comes home with another rose a fake silk one that you get at the 711 with an orange bear attached to it and he says, "this is so you know my love for you will never die."

Awww... corny but Awwww.. big_smile

Adorable:) Thanks for sharing!

4. kmackey32 profile image62
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

hmmm so sad I cant think of any.

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me neither, but I am a bloke, and we do not get the "treatment" as often as you girls. I am sad that you can't think of anything romantic done for you.

1. k@ri profile image85
        k@riposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I guess it depends on what you think is romantic.  I have had many romantic times just watching TV and in a really touching part having him look over and kiss me and say he loves me...I found that very romantic!  LOL, it all depends what you believe!

Well as a man I can relate to that one. Men often have romantic urges, we are just a bit out of step sometimes with what our lovelies deem romantic... but we do try!

1. k@ri profile image85

I do believe some men "try", but most often it is natural, a thing that happens because they are attracted.  The problem is that many men lose this after conquest.  The best men retain it and refine it.

I agree with this, but would like to say it is not always the man's fault. Some women do not help to keep the romance going either.

1. Colebabie profile image60
                Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

True. Which is why I have made several purchases in this relationship wink

You have got it nailed Colebabie. You deserve the romance you get, because you understand it is a two way street. Some men are a waste of effort, your man gets it.
                  I love the fact that you always seem to be able to see a man's point of view as well as your own.

I try to see as many viewpoints as I can big_smile Men vs. Women is the easy one. My man definitely gets it. There are sooo many ways for guys to be romantic and as long as the girl appreciates it they'll keep doing it. Take me to dinner, you got some dirty lingerie. Lay under the stars with me, you're gettin what onthewriteside and I discussed earlier wink

2. k@ri profile image85

I will agree with you...it takes alot of give and take to keep it alive!  Playfulness is always key, and so often people forget how to be playful...

3. blondepoet profile image68

I totally agree Earnest

4. k@ri profile image85

earnesthub, You are correct and I am wrong.  Thank you for bringing my attention to this thoughtless and sexist remark...I really should have said "people", not "men".  Both sexes are at fault for this, not just men! 

All you men have my heartfelt apology!!!!  My bad! sad  Please forgive me and let's be friends!  big_smile

2. MissJamieD profile image57

Very well said...smile

5. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I've been on many amazing dates. For Valentine's Day this year my boyfriend picked me up for a night downtown. Our downtown area is quite small and right by the beach. It is just a few blocks of delicious food and great music, art galleries and cute beach-side shops. I wore a red dress with my lips stained the same color. I answered the door to a dozen long stemmed roses, and an adorable guy with a red tie and big smile on his face. I got into his car and he said he must of left his cell phone inside because he couldn't find it anywhere. "Can you check under your seat?" When I felt under my seat there was a jewelry box. He smiled and told me to open it. There were beautiful earrings inside that I immediately put on. We went downtown where we walked around for a bit. Then ate a long yummy dinner on the patio of this great restaurant, where we watched people go by on carriage rides. After dinner we went to this famous ice cream place where we grabbed a milkshake and headed to the beach. We counted shooting stars and then went home where we lit some candles and made love. The next morning we slept in and I made french toast. Oh one of many romantic nights. I have another if you want to hear wink

6. kmackey32 profile image62
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Oh well men just suck in this area. I guess there mothers didnt raise them how to treat a woman properly.

I reckon you are right, although there are a couple of good examples of men getting it right from BlondePoet and Colebabie in particular.

That is right while there may be men who may not be romantically minded there are plenty of sweet Cassonovas who know the art of being romantic. You just have to give some a little incentive to be.....bring it out them with sweet loving

7. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Sucking always worked for me tongue

That usually works smile

And not all men km, just a lot!

2. kmackey32 profile image62
      kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

omg lol good one. I was asking for that comment. lol

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I tried to do my best to impress you smile

1. kmackey32 profile image62
          kmackey32posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh yea. Oh im glad someone does. lol

1. Misha profile image63

You can always count on me in this. I automatically try to impress every girl around smile

8. onthewriteside profile image59
    onthewritesideposted 14 years ago

It's quite obvious to me that a woman started this thread.  I'm not sexist or anything, but you probably DON'T WANT TO KNOW the REAL answer most men would give to this question.... lol

...and she gave me a bj.

That would be a man's answer.

1. Misha profile image63

Not mine, I am not a big fan of those. tongue

You're crazy. tongue

1. Misha profile image63

Never tried to conceal it smile

1. k@ri profile image85

cool  lol  cool  Love you Misha!!

1. Misha profile image63

Love back at ya! smile

1. k@ri profile image85

You crack me up at times (and that's a good thing!) big_smile cool

1. Misha profile image63

I am always trying at least smile

2. onthewriteside profile image59
        onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol   Well something like that...hehehe

Nothing wrong with that. Whatever makes ya happy

2. k@ri profile image85

Actually, I did not start the thread, but I would be interested...I would like to know if it is the same answer my many men friends gave me when talking about their girlfriends.

3. MissJamieD profile image57

I said [romantic], not disgusting...lol

9. spiderpam profile image74
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

My husband wrote me a poem about two weeks ago for no reason. big_smile

10. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

A office full of flowers and chocolates from a man I never met.......I wrote a hub about it..."Beware of Romeo Online"...I've changed the title of this hub several times.  It was originally titled "Romeo, Roses, Laptops and Old Navy".

11. onthewriteside profile image59
    onthewritesideposted 14 years ago

I'm just saying that a man's idea of romantic will NEVER MATCH UP to a woman's idea of the same.  I mean a man says, "Hey...$50 on flowers, $30 on a movie, $100 on dinner...I don't mind forking out another $150 for the hotel room".  But a woman thinks, "Hey...he actually noticed the color of my eyes instead of my gigantic boobs that I have taken great care in hardly covering tonight...so he must be the real deal!"

This doesn't matter to me. I love it when he stares at my chest. And money doesn't matter either. I'm perfectly content layin on the beach. smile But I'm in a long term relationship. We got the romance thing down pat. And we're both a sure thing. So we honestly do the romance thing for each other.

1. onthewriteside profile image59

I've been with the my "better half" for over 12 years now, (longer than my two marriages lasted combined), and I love her dearly.  But as far as "being romantic" goes...we don't do the "Hallmark holiday" thing, we don't do any of the "cutesy" things that are considered typically "romantic".  Neither one of us are "emotionally needy" that way, (although I think she probably is and is just hiding it because she is really the most rational woman I have ever met).

But we know how to treat each other with respect and admiration, and we are best friends...and that to me is sexy.

1. k@ri profile image85

That sounds like what it is all about in my world!  Respect and admiration are extremely sexy if you ask my!!! big_smile

12. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Who says men are not romantic? What about all those so-called "romantic" poets? Isn't that classic?
    What about winemakers? Aren't then mostly male?
    Buying flowers counts.
    Cooking dinner counts -- barbequeing, even.

I don't believe that being romantic necessarily means forking over a lot of money, tho. Sometimes the most romantic times are, as K@ri said, just quiet and spontaneous. MM

You're absolutely right! A little unexpected note in my coat pocket or sweatshirt is more appreciated than chocolates or some dumb flower any day in my opinion:) Good one:)

13. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Agreed. My boyfriend and I have never raised our voices or called names. Respect and admiration fo sho! I adore him ♥

Really?  Damn...we cuss each other out all the time!  lol  But usually it's just one of us venting, and the other knows that...

I understand. Every couple is different. smile

My parents were separated twice, divorced once, and then re-married each other.  They still bitch at one another on a daily basis in some fashion or another, but truth be known...they wouldn't know what to do with themselves if the other wasn't around.  You are right...every couple is different...

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Girl, you make me blush! smile

15. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

No less than you made me!  roll  tongue

16. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

It is not the money, the location, any external factors for romance.......it is in the mind, and can change any scenerio into a golden delicacy of unbridled love.
    A good woman can bring out romance in a man who never knew he had any.

17. cashmere profile image77
    cashmereposted 14 years ago

At around two in the morning stood in the middle of the road on bended knee and handed me flowers.

Oh heck yes that is romantic.

18. Jodi Hoeksel profile image60
    Jodi Hoekselposted 14 years ago

Wrote me a poem! smile

Beautiful! Very romantic!

19. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

I knew this guy once and he mailed a letter every day, most day's they had a poem, just for me.... well I think they were for me, I claimed them.... how romantic is that then....

That is so sweet. I love poetry, it's my favorite:)

20. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

When my husband and I were dating, he created a very in-depth, complicated scavenger hunt for me through the city.  From clue to clue I had to figure out where the final destination of our date was to be.  Ended up being a picnic in one of our favorite spots.  It was so fun and thoughtful.

I love that idea! Adventurous AND romantic, I'm jealous:)

21. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Roses delivered to me at work.

Post-it Notes all over the flat, with cute love messages. (even in the fridge, when i open it) Lol.

Taken away to spend Christmas on a beautiful Yacht.  smile

Those are both equally as romantic, i love it:) Thank you:)

22. jenblacksheep profile image67
    jenblacksheepposted 14 years ago

I can't think of a particularly romantic moment between me n my boyfriend. We've been together over 2 years, thus 2 valentine's day and have never managed to spend that day together.

But when it comes to birthdays and special occasions he nearly always nails it wit gifts. We'd been goin out about 7 months when my birthday came around and he took me to Paris!

My birthday is 2 days before Xmas and between them both he got me things I had explicitly said I wanted. It's not that I'd been dropping hints, he'd just been listening when I talked about shoes and perfumes and girly stuff and so knew what to get! I thought that was pretty amazing!

AAhhh, the rarest male trait....hearing....lol...that is super sweet. You're so lucky. I only WISH to someday see Paris. Thanks for sharing:)

23. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

I handed my girlfriend a bouquet of about 40 flowers for Valentines Day(trust me, I'm 17 and only have a part time job on a Sunday, that was all I could afford)

She handed me a piece of scrap paper which just had:

"Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    This poem sucks
    But at least it's for you"

Written on it...

For some reason it blew me away...

1. k@ri profile image85

Tell me you at least dated her for a while!

1. profile image0
        L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

7 Months in the end...we split up last week...

24. profile image0

=/

25. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

I am sorry to hear that.  But, at least she tried and you tried...better than never having loved at all?  hmm

26. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

I really did like the poem...or maybe not the poem, but the thought!  smile

27. profile image0

Well, you see, that's the thing. I'm only 17 so I'm not sure I know what it is like to have loved. I write alot of poetry because I have always had issues with feelings and expressing them (as in I'm fairly withdrawn...not because I'm autistic or anything like that) so I wrote her a sonnet which I never gave her. I guess now it just reminds me of things...you know, what things could have been like if I had given it to her. Ah well...

Wow I ramble alot, a forum is hardly the best place to talk about such things [haha]. I apologise for that. =]

28. Davinagirl3 profile image60
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

When I came in from the pharmacy tonight, my husband was online checking out couple's getaways to Jade Mountain in the Caribbean.  He was fretting at the cost.  We couldn't afford it, but he was daydreaming.  I thought that was so sweet.  He had the whole trip planned in his head.

1. k@ri profile image85

That is sooo sweet!!!  You are one lucky woman!  You must make him very happy.  big_smile

2. MissJamieD profile image57

That is adorable:) You're so lucky!

29. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

Actually, here in HubPages, people talk of many things on the forums.  Is it too late to give it to her...or do you just not want to anymore? 

I too have a lot of issues with telling my feelings, but here it is getting better.  I don't really understand why people feel you are autistic if you are not social any more...when I grew up it was introverted. 

Read some of the hubs here...maybe they will help you, as they have helped me!  big_smile

1. profile image0

Cheers,
      That is very nice of you to admit, thanks =]
      I guess I hang onto it to remind myself not to go all out there again, I let this girl get to know my every though and that turned out to be a mistake. She never shared anything with me...ah well

I posted the sonnet up if you're interested. If not then I don't blame you. It just one of those things.

Thanks again
      Luke

30. k@ri profile image85
    k@riposted 14 years ago

I went and read the sonnet.  Lovely!  She must not understand, because she is missing out.  I am sure you will find a wonderful girl one day!  Your heart is open and there is someone out there that will appreciate it!

1. Paper Moon profile image80
      Paper Moonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just hate it when they miss the boat.  sigh.

1. k@ri profile image85

Sounds like he could do much better!  smile

1. profile image0

Wow, a quote of a quote of a quote of a quote...

I would like to thank you for your lovely comments. I literally have about 60 poems I wrote over the past few months which I just kept to myself. Your comments have given me the confidence and ego boost I need to post more up. Thank you =]

1. k@ri profile image85

Please post them!  We love to read...me almost as much as I love to write..others more so!

1. profile image0

I have posted a bit more of my work up now...if you want a quick laugh my Dad once said to me:

"Roses are red
              Violets are blue
              Most poems rhyme
              But this one doesn't"

2. profile image0

Haha cheers, well life goes on...plenty more fish in the sea...or so to speak.

31. Montana Farm Girl profile image60
    Montana Farm Girlposted 14 years ago

Well, seeing that I no longer a "young" woman, I have been romanced a time or two during my 1/2 century (OMG, that REALLY SOUNDS OLD!!! I better not ever do that again!!!!)here on earth.

I have many fond memories (OMG, that sounds bad too.... MANY???  Does that make me sound like a really BAD girl or what!!??) 

Ok, to get to my answer ....  one of the sweetest things ever, and ended up being very romantic:  I was dating a sweet, cuddly bear of a guy who owned a nice cycle.  I was working swingshift and got off at midnight.  It was summer, warm and clear sky; as I walked out after my shift, he was waiting in the parking lot to take me for a nice long ride on his motorcycle.

We ended up at the top of a big dam in our town, under the stars for a meteor shower!!! He brought yummies, so we had a midnight snack of wine, cheese and crackers!!! So sweet, I will never forget it or him (some of the guys I barely remember their names...LOL...OMG, that sounds really BAD!!!!).... I better stop....LOL :-)

32. Katharella profile image76
    Katharellaposted 14 years ago

Hi, I might be a bit late on this one, but I have one time that was so romantic, and certainly not even planned! It really made me think it was really planned on his part anyway!
    I'd gotten into the shower, thinking, after we'd just put on a movie etc. blah blah... but when I got out of the shower, I seen my black see thru nighty hanging on the back of the door. Well, I dolled up a bit, and slipped into the gown. I thought, at least maybe it'll get a spark or something during the movie! Something different, unexpected for him.
    When I came out, he'd set two places, made a nice little salad "sort of snack" not really a dinner or anything, but THE WHOLE HOUSE HAD TEA LIGHT CANDLES EVERYWHERE! I must of looked like Dorothy when she opened the door to munchkin land. Everything glowed! He pulled out my chair as if in a fine restaurant and we sat and had our candle lit salad! He was most certainly surprised I didn't come out in my flannel LOL.
    After we ate, and had a glass of Champagne (I thought was for another time we were saving) he took things to the livingroom. There was no tv, just US. We drank our Champagne, and just talked about how neither of us had expected the other's actions!
    Of course one thing led to another, and it was the most romantic unexpected and loving thing a man has ever done for me. Timing was perfect because by the time we were ready to sleep, the tea light candles had burned out on their own! It was a night I'll never forget, just on the note, neither of us planned on the other doing anything romantic. smile

That is so sweet and romantic:) Thanks for sharing with us!

33. countrywomen profile image59
    countrywomenposted 14 years ago

I would rate my first Valentine after marriage to be the most romantic day(even wrote a hub). http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/clapping.gif

34. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

overlooked that thing with her sister

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)