jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Could anyone give some constructive criticism on my hubs?

1. dcsantos7 profile image59
    dcsantos7posted 7 years ago

I am new to hubpages and would like a few pointers on how to gain some traffic. Also if you have time can you please read my hubs and give me a few tips on how to improve my writing skills or any other helpful advice.

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Process-of- … ut-of-Debt

http://hubpages.com/hub/Computer-Game-- … your-money

1. martinrocks_88 profile image75
      martinrocks_88posted 7 years ago in reply to this

try adding some pictures to your hubs...both of your hubs are lacking pictures...

2. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

Just read your Hubs (sorry did not comment there). I liked the way you presented things. You have used the video capsule and the link capsule which is good. However, you can also make use of other capsules too. There are two things that I found lacking there, one content, as per the topics chosen I was expecting lot more content. Two, the use of tags, this is a general problem with all newcomers so do not worry. You should add more tags there.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

The layout is good except you have no *sub title* which would add a separation with the start of your hub from the ads. hmm a little odd looking altogether in that part but otherwise your Hubs look great smile welcome to HubPages

4. dcsantos7 profile image59
    dcsantos7posted 7 years ago

Thanks a lot for the feedback guy. Will look into correcting and improving on them.

5. ledefensetech profile image81
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

One thing I kept thinking while reading was show not tell.  You could add pictures.  I'd also add some commentary your video on debt reduction.  Show people by telling a story about the successes people have had using those techniques.  That's how you differentiate yourself from everyone else out there.

On your video game hubs I'd add pictures and perhaps trailers, that would add to the hub I think.  More importantly, tell stories.  Let us know about your character in the Sims 3.  What's his story?  Tell us about your Death Knight and his adventures in Northrend.  What's the story behind your space marine in Dead Space?  Surely you have a "gotcha" moment playing that game, tell us about it.

You might consider making your video game review page a central hub.  What I mean is that you might want to tell your stories on a separate page and link those pages to your video game hub.  You can then put some tease copy on your main hub like, New class death knight, to hear about the harrowing adventures of Lord Necros click here:  [add your link]  Or for the Sims 3:  Explorable Towns, Community Feel, to learn more about the urban exploration of SimMartin, click here: [add link].  For Dead Space you could say something like:  Ever watched a scary movie and yelled at the stupid people on screen?  Now it's your turn.  Do you have what it takes to survive Dead Space?  Listen to the story of Gunny Martin and be forewarned:  [add link].

Hope this helps.