What Would You Do If You Had A Gun Pointed To Your Head?

Jump to Last Post 1-31 of 31 discussions (64 posts)
  1. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Happened to me like twice. The second time, the dude told me the only reason he wouldn't pop me was because I wouldn't beg, and cry like most usually do. He said if anyone flinched at him, he always popped them. His very words "popped". He beat my chest for me and said, "Guy, you're a man. Guy, you're a man!" If only he knew it had nothing to do with minerals. I was just numb. Ha!

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've had a gun jammed into my ribcage and I was so stunned I went numb.  I just remember thinking, "He's not going to do anything."  I shudder when I think of what might have happened.

2. Trevman19 profile image60
      Trevman19posted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are ridiculous.  Nobody cares.

1. profile image0
        fierycjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With the exception of you - you replied.

3. lrohner profile image69
      lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fiery, where the heck do you live? Harlem? Iraq? Afghanistan? Holey moley! If I had a gun pointed at my head once, I'd be SO outta there!

1. profile image0

Funny enough, it didnt happen where I live. It could have, though. But the dangerous people wouldn't shit in their own backyards.

2. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Well, I haven't had a gun pulled on me, but I had a knife pulled on me on several occasions while working in loss prevention.

Since I had a jump on them, I tackled them.

Does that answer your question? haha

3. WeddingConsultant profile image66
    WeddingConsultantposted 14 years ago

Actually, I'm more of a talker in general. (Have you ever heard of verbal judo?) I'd probably try to talk my way out of it.

1. JonTutor profile image60
      JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good one... never heard of verbal judo before. smile

1. WeddingConsultant profile image66
        WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Although I haven't read the book called Verbal Judo, I was taught at my LP job how to verbally deescalate a tense situation. At least they tried to teach it to everyone...I just chose to actually use it.

But again, when people had a knife out, depending on the situation I would usually nab them quickly. Of course, if I didn't have help coming or it was a 1 v 1, I'd always let them go.

Sounds interesting... Do you have an article written on this topic?.... These are life skills.... I gotta learn. smile

1. WeddingConsultant profile image66
            WeddingConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eh there used to be a hub that had a ton of traffic and lots of negative comments left...but alas I didn't think a hub on shoplifting did good things for the image of a wedding consultant smile I gave that hub away to my brother here on hubpages...

You lost me... We were talking about Verbal Judo... where did Shoplifting come in... Who's your Bro?

4. gurgel1 profile image60
    gurgel1posted 14 years ago

Thats never happened to me.

5. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I had once. I just gave him my wallet smile

6. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

The first time it happened, I froze and did exactly what I was told.  The second time, I kept my wits about me, memorized his face and identifable traits and did what he asked.  When I was safe, I called the police and he was arrested, charged and jailed.  smile

7. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

Verbal judo. Ha! Thats the funniest thing I've heard all week!

8. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

don't know what i would do freeze probably, and hope you would be around to protect me

1. profile image0

You think I'm Superman, right, Bren.

1. profile image0
        \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well you are used to these kinda situations....

9. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

I had that happen to me once.  I punched him in the face and knocked the glasses right off his head and ran.  Of course he grabbed my long pony tail when trying to make my escape.

Got a face plant into a picture on the wall.  Kicked him in the nuts and ran again.  Then he tripped me but I got a hold of the phone to call for help.  He grabbed my ankle then it became a full on fight!

After a while I got very tired, and woozy because he grabbed my tag watch on my wrist and blood started oozing from it so I bit him until until a piece of his flesh was in my mouth.

By that time I was so disgusted I nearly gave up hung on long enough for the police to come.

Sad part was I was the once charged with assault.  It's a strange world we live in.

1. profile image0

Sounds like a friggin movie! Where you been, gurl?

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I know!  Strange things happen in California. big_smile

2. Lady_E profile image63
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It certainly is a strange world but you are one brave Lady.  Sometime ago in my region a man shot a burglar who came to his house and the man (not the burglar) got sent to prison for shooting the burglar. Talk about injustice.... That sucks.

1. profile image0

I read about that. TMG is right.  I think it happens more then people realize.

-edit: when I asked why I was being charged, they said that it was improbable that a 5'2 110lb. girl would punch a 6ft 200lb black man with a gun in your face.

I said What!! You want me to just sit there.  My dad taught me unarmed self defense for a reason.

1. ledefensetech profile image69
          ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good girl!  It sucks that they charged you, but I'm glad to hear you stood up for yourself.  If more people did that, we'd have less scumbags preying on people.

3. Davinagirl3 profile image59

Something extraordinarily similar happened to me.  I guess we live in the same strange world.

10. TheMoneyGuy profile image70
    TheMoneyGuyposted 14 years ago

I wished I was making this up, the only time I have ever faced crime that wasn't military conflict was in Orlando, FL around 1992.

I bought me a cool looking dog chain made out of gold.  Anyway I was walking down the Orange Blossom Trail hitting all of the really respectable establishments.  Anyway, two ass clowns stepped out on the sidewalk and one pulled a gun and asked for my chain and my wallet.

I went to my wallet and pulled my ridiculously huge knife (Crocodile Dundee was big then) and took a nice rake on his arm.  The other dude split instantly and like I kid you not 3 seconds later the cops rolled up tackled me and beat the bejesus out of me and arrested me. 

They thought I had attacked the other guys and that I was the menacing threat (Apperantly wearing a really pimp necklace and holding a big ass knife over a bleeding man doesn't look good).  Anyway after a long night in Jail and statements and what not, they let me go and kept my big ass knife.  I have never forgiven the Orlando Police for this incident, and often plot my revenge.

TMG

1. profile image0

lol, that sucks!  I know the feeling.

1. TheMoneyGuy profile image70
        TheMoneyGuyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I read your post after I finished writing mine, I think that happens more than people know.

TMG

2. profile image0

Hilarious. I'm laughing my ass off!

11. JSwanson profile image61
    JSwansonposted 14 years ago

All I can say is I would probably pee my pants and cry.

12. Anti-Valentine profile image76
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

I've had a knife pulled on me a few times in the street and I just kept walking.

I've had a chain wrapped around my neck while I was at a payphone, but I got free and the d1ckhead just laughed. That same guy is so fat now, years later- so I just laugh at him!

If it was a gun, I'd say, "Go ahead. Make my day."

Nowadays I'm the one who usually carries a knife(s) with me.

13. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I'd be very calm.  (I tend to be when everyone's screaming in life threatening situations).

Now that you've mentioned it, I think I should register for some Karate Lessons, then I could punch his lights out smile

1. profile image0

I sure would love to see that wild side of yours, Elena.

14. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

I would LITERALLY poop my pants. All you people who had it happen, and go about your life, like..no big thing...your amazing!!

1. profile image0

You would go about your life too, dennise.

15. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Not alot of options lol

call him sir for one

1. profile image0

Ha ha ha.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fiery is it specially violent where you live?
        How did you find yourself in those unfortunate circumstances?

16. Balinese profile image40
    Balineseposted 14 years ago

collapse straight away - and pee in my pant

17. Greek One profile image62
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

I would calmly explain to her that: "Dear, we have been married for a number of years now... you KNOW i love you...  and you know I really didn't mean to call your mom "a fat little piggy who puts her snout in our business."  Now PLEASE put the gun down."

1. profile image0

Ladies and Gents...isn't this the funniest thing you've heard all day!

18. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

Ive never had it happen to me and don't think it ever will.

1. profile image0

Dont be silly. No one ever plans for these things.

19. high an daydream profile image58
    high an daydreamposted 14 years ago

HIGH SAYS I WOULD TELL YOU TO PULL THE TRIGGER

1. profile image0

BANG! You're dead.

20. profile image0
    LeM22posted 14 years ago

Smile, and know I'm going home baby!

21. Anti-Valentine profile image76
    Anti-Valentineposted 14 years ago

Where? Hell? wink That's probably where I'd go...maybe.

22. Research Analyst profile image73
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

For starters I would need to know why I would be in such a situation in the first place.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59

My mother drives to work very early in the morning.  This morning she saw a dead body lying in the street.  The poor man had been carjacked and the perpetrator shot him for a car! My mom had stopped at the same gas station he was stopped at just two days prior to the incident.  I was held at gunpoint by a crazy ex-boyfriend.  You never know what situation life will put you in.

23. profile image0
    iamqweenbeeposted 14 years ago

your question: What Would You Do If You Had A Gun Pointed To Your Head?
    My answer: piss all over myself

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Aint that the truth !!

24. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I would say "Is that a gun or are you just happy to see me".

25. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

To be honest I would do what most middle class 17 year olds would do...panic.

I don't think anyone could honestly say that they would instinctively think to do anything other than pray that it's not loaded and think (if no act on the idea) to run.

It'd be like:

"Luke, I'm pointing a gun at you"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

26. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

Oh yeah...and then needless to say I would run...

27. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I WOULD SAY THIS.......
    http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s235/revmyspace2/graphics/Girly/Sexy/0_sexy_bad_boy.gif

You gotta know.... I can be very "good" when I'm "bad" boy. wink

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am only too happy to rate your performance ROFL

28. teeny120 profile image60
    teeny120posted 14 years ago

I decided to take the bus instead of drive my car a few months ago. Well, that was the one and only time! LOL. This guy sat down next to me and kept 'displaying' his gun to me. At first, I wasn't sure but then by the 3rd time I grew afraid and stood up and walked to the other bus stop where others were. The bus stopped there 1st so I told him and the bus driver drove right past him. Flight or fight? I'm all about flight!!! ;o)

29. tjmatel3 profile image60
    tjmatel3posted 14 years ago

I would probably faint after a couple seconds.  However, if I remain conscious, I would ask the Lord to prepare my soul for heaven and then try talking my way out it - if I could muster up some talking power.

30. trish1048 profile image68
    trish1048posted 14 years ago

It happened to me.  I wrote a hub about it which you can read here, if you care to:  http://hubpages.com/hub/httpwwwhubpages … imofacrime

31. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

He wouldn't need to worry much about me. I'll be saving him a bullet.
    I'LL JUST HOLD MY CHEST, GASP FOR 1 SECOND, FEIGN A HEART ATTACK & CRUMBLE TO THE FLOOR, PLAYING DEAD.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This looks like a good tactic... worth a try I guess if crying and begging don't work..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)