jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Do Any of You wake up in the Night,& think about what to write about?

1. Shannondoah profile image60
    Shannondoahposted 7 years ago

Then forget it entirely in the Morning I had a great idea for a Hub, last nite, was even going to write it down, but thought No way am I going to forget that.
    You guessed it. Vaccuum.

1. vlkinpa profile image60
      vlkinpaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I haven't gotten awake during the night but I've been unable to go to sleep because I'm composing the Hub in my head.  Keep a notepad by your bed and jot down the thought you had.  Even one word could jog your memory the next morning.

2. Kidgas profile image79
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

Same here.  Once I go to sleep, I usually don't wake up.  But I have laid awake composing in my head.  I also think and compose a lot when I drive.

3. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I have pretty much trained myself that once I walk up the stairs to our bedroom, not to think about work. But I do wake up dreaming about it, and there's not much I can do about that. Usually I just go back to sleep.

4. fierycj profile image86
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

All the time, I worry for myself.

5. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

That's what they say about dream interpretation.  You must have a pen and pad by your bedside.  Otherwise, you will forget most, if not all, of it.

1. Shannondoah profile image60
      Shannondoahposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just put a Pen and Paper rite there. Trouble is I move around abit, and I also can never find a Pen, so one of them will probably wander off, but I will try.

6. blondepoet profile image80
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

Hahah oh yes I lay awake fantasising about a great idea for a Hub, and then I try to push it out to sleep, but it comes back, I push it away, I need sleep,stop, NO,STOP,NOOOOO,STOPPPPPPP..
    This goes on for hours.

1. Christoph Reilly profile image86
      Christoph Reillyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Same thing she does to me.

1. blondepoet profile image80
        blondepoetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Shhhhh now they know our secret smile smile smile

7. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

lol same here. Usually get wide eyed n spunky tailed when hit with inspiration, lol

8. Joelle Burnette profile image85
    Joelle Burnetteposted 7 years ago

Always write it down. I can't go to sleep if I have a story idea, or, for that matter, if I have to remember a task, a shopping item, or did I forget to turn off a light, log off from my email, and the list goes on. I wish I was one of those people that could fall asleep right after my head hits the pillow and get all those damn thoughts out of my head for a few hours.

Read my stories and you'll get a clearer picture of my crazy brain.

9. Cam Anju profile image72
    Cam Anjuposted 7 years ago

My best hubs come as ideas when I'm asleep... but normally I forget them before morning. So I try to wake up and, I always have the back of my sketchpad handy to write things down... then I pass out again. big_smile

10. soni2006 profile image46
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Sometimes I am not able to sleep at night and think on how to write a hub on a new idea which has come to my mind. Before I forget it, I note it down in my notebook in the PENDING IDEAS column.