jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Id like your views

1. getpaidtopost profile image60
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

I have noticed a major surge in traffic to one of my hub, mainly from Google, however no one has commented. the view stats shows 5 stars so people must be reading the hub, however I am puzzled as to why there is no comments. I would appreciate it if you can take a look for me and let me know what you find wrong with the hub.

here is the url

Honest Opinions please

1. hubber-2009 profile image61
      hubber-2009posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Those who are visiting the page through search engine will not post there comments..

That's what happening to my  pages also..

btw.. you have nice way of promoting your page in this forum..

getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It does seem this way, I woke today with another 52 google hits, however hubscore has dropped, I do not think people coming from Google vote neither. when somone does not vote on a hub the hubscore seems to go down.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

If someone is arriving at this Hub hoping to find an answer to their problem, I suspect some of them will be put off by the over-long introduction.

They know they have a problem (that's why they googled it) and they don't much care why - they just want a point-by-point explanation of how to fix it.

I would put a brief explanation of WHY it happens into a right-floated, highlighted text box (not at the top of the Hub as that would displace ads - maybe opposite the last text capsule).  Then I'd keep my introduction very short, and jump straight into the instructions section - which I would make more point-form and less chatty.

getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Marisa for your opinion, I was thinking the introduction was some what long, however i thought the more words in the hub the better the hubscore, please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Cam Anju profile image70
    Cam Anjuposted 7 years ago

Google humming birds are a lot less likely to comment on hubs then HubPages community.. wink

Can I point out something that would drive me insane if I saw it on my hub: "but like most people when creating articles, saving work is at the back of your mind . Very few people save work before its finished." -You got a space after "mind" before your period. neutral

Besides that it's a good article! Hope you start getting more comments! smile