jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Google or Yahoo

1. getpaidtopost profile image61
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

I have noticed over the years how most of my success comes from yahoo and people who have found my sites on yahoo, however the amount of traffic that comes from Yahoo is only 10% around 80% of traffic comes from Google.

As a webmaster I spend a lot of my time on Google search, Id assume that the majority of webmasters across the world do the same thing.

I think its us webmaster that make Google look big, However the real success comes from Yahoo.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean by "success"?  Is there some way you can tell whether your "paying" customers are from Yahoo and not Google?

getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes you can see this using stats, I use statcounter and have done for the past 8 or 9 years, this shows me the referral link, and exit link, so i can check sales also I can check when people click on ads.

Just wish hubpages would incorporate something similar to statcounter.

2. Drew Breezzy profile image79
    Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago

I have much more hub views from yahoo than google.

getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

strange, I get way more views from google, but more success from yahoo.

3. comp3820 profile image80
    comp3820posted 7 years ago

I definitely get more views from google. In fact, my views are quite similar to the popularity of the search engines, ie Google first by a long shot, then some Yahoo, and a tiny percentage of bing.com

working