jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

Do you include polls on your hubs?

1. fritteritter profile image93
    fritteritterposted 7 years ago

I've enjoyed placing polls on my hubs, usually to fill up space next to an RSS feed. The questions tend to ask about the reader's experience with the topic of the hub and a few related topics (such as different ways to save money on air fresheners instead of by refilling them).

Have you found polls to be worthwhile or do you ignore that feature unless its functionality is integral to your hub?

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

3. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

I don't but I like to vote on Hubs if they have one.

Might do it on one of my next Hubs.  It's a useful feature.

4. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I don't see any value to placing polls on commercial hubs. Their only function is to keep your visitors on your site longer.  If you really want a poll then I would place it near the top of the hub to give the reader a taste of whats to come.  Maybe the poll will intrigue the reader into staying a bit longer. The goal is to keep the reader interested enough to convert whatever it is you are promoting.

5. gurgel1 profile image60
    gurgel1posted 7 years ago

I do when they have a point like voting a website.

6. fritteritter profile image93
    fritteritterposted 7 years ago

I prefer to add polls at the end of the article to avoid distracting the reader. Also it is a semi-useful metric to know that if someone voted, they probably read or at least glanced at the meat of the article. However, Analytics provides far better measures that are much less disheartening - an "Average Time on Page" of 6 minutes for a hub makes me much happier than seeing 3 votes in a poll.

I agree with livewithrichard, polls are probably not good for commercial hubs, but they can serve a purpose elsewhere.

1. fritteritter profile image93
      fritteritterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Nevermind, I just published a more commercial hub and still included polls at the end. In this case, it was to determine which categories of items should be displayed so that I can update the Amazon capsules to reflect what people might actually want.

7. yoshi97 profile image88
    yoshi97posted 7 years ago

I always include a poll at the end of each hub asking if the information was helpful. Sometimes it gives me an idea of whether readers are looking for more from the hub or if it's one of those lucky ones that fell to the hands of applause. smile

8. Mac Mission profile image61
    Mac Missionposted 7 years ago

Yes not for every hubs.

9. viryabo profile image85
    viryaboposted 7 years ago

I put a poll capsule at the end of every one of my hubs. I also read somewhere on the forums that its good for hubscore, if you are worried about hubscores.
    Also good to show you that readers read to the end of your page.

10. Purple Perl profile image82
    Purple Perlposted 7 years ago

I do use poll capsules on some of my hubs.Very useful in guaging the reader, based on what interested them in the hub.

11. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

Only sometimes. Few people actually vote on mine anyway.

12. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

I think polls are OK for fun hubs but don't think they help much in terms of clicks on ads.

13. gurgel1 profile image60

14. gurgel1 profile image60