jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Over 1100 URL tracker clicks and no sign ups - can I claim a record?

1. gunsock profile image88
    gunsockposted 7 years ago

I've had a total of 1,179 clicks on my 2 URL trackers and not a single whisper of a sign up. Can anyone beat this?

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
      Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What statistic are you looking at?  It may be 1,179 page views by users who came in from your URL trackers (which is different than 1,179 different people clicking on your tracker).  But a large number, nonetheless.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Actually, that doesn't strike me as hardly any clicks for having happened over the course of two years and 129 Hubs.

In three years, I've had 152,719 page views (clicks) come in through my trackers.  That says a lot for the differences in our web traffic 'cause there sure wasn't much on HubPages that first year.

If you really want sign-ups, my suggestions are that a) you need more traffic coming through those trackers and b) you need to put them out where you're going to get people who will want to come to HubPages and start writing.

3. Rik Ravado profile image91
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

I have 55 signups who produced 758 hubs with 1,700,348 hub traffic

This is where most of my money comes from.  The trick is to include a brief ad for hubpages signup on your own hubs with your tracker embedded.

1. embitca profile image88
      embitcaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've had 92 sign-ups, but between them all, they've only created 287 hubs and the majority of those were created by two hubbers. Can I trade you some of my lazy hubbers for your industrious ones? smile

1. Rik Ravado profile image91
        Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My experience is similar - only 2 hubbers have produced round 90% of the hubs (and I suspect they are the same person).  Most signups don't produce any hubs and most of those that do stop after around 2-4 hubs.  I was just lucky to pick up one prolific hubber!

2. Rik Ravado profile image91
        Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My experience is similar - only 2 hubbers have produced round 90% of the hubs (and I suspect they are the same person).  Most signups don't produce any hubs and most of those that do stop after around 2-4 hubs.  I was just lucky to pick up one prolific hubber!

4. gurgel1 profile image60
    gurgel1posted 7 years ago

I have 998 views.
    I have only been here for a month, so.

5. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I still don't get the URL tracker...the RSS feed, I don't know what to type in the Feed box.  Frustrating...

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This will ease you into it: An Introduction To HubPage Referrals

There's another hub I wrote after that one that gets more detailed.

6. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

I have 7000 hub traffic views through my trackers with only 2 signups.  Total traffic is almost 20,000 with onoy the two signups.  These signups have no hubs and no traffic.

working