jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

1. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

How do I copyright my hubs - I am posting a serialized version of an original work and would like to know how to protect it and the other hubs please...is there some kind of notice to attach?
    Thanks so much

1. Tom Cornett profile image63
      Tom Cornettposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your work is copy written as soon as you write it.  You can copyright works individually or in collections.  You can use the date you publish here as your copyright date if you wish.  The ladies have given good links to go to.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago
  3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

But, once you publish something it is copyrighted to you. You can also go here:

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

The only thing that officially copyrighting your work gives you, I believe, is the ability to sue for additional monetary damages -- or something like that. I know it has something to do with money and the courts.

5. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

Thanks so much all - so it is the same as songwriting - the copyright exists as of the date the work is created - but I can register it with /at one of those links.
    I will check out the links, and thanks again.
    How will I know if someone has snitched my work, btw - how does one search for that info and where?

6. Richard Ring profile image62
    Richard Ringposted 7 years ago

Most common way to learn of copyright infringement is through word of mouth; at least in my experience.