jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)

I'm STARVING... suggestions please!!!

1. Montana Farm Girl profile image61
    Montana Farm Girlposted 7 years ago

Greetings everyone!!! I'm just taking a break from painting the "baby barn"....it's 96 degrees (summer has finally arrived here in Montana...yippee!) I'm sippin' some fresh brewed ice tea AND, I'm STARVING!!!!  Any suggestions??? 

p.s. I tried popsicles; yummy, but it's like eating water, just goes right through....lol  perhaps some light protein????

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

A grilled tuna steak sandwich!!!!

Montana Farm Girlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

YUMO!!! Now, we're talkin'!!!!!  Where's that tuna??? (can you see me tossin' everything out of my frig and cabinets???) :-)

2. Army Infantry Mom profile image61
      Army Infantry Momposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Pizza,...

No doubt about that one...Pizza is always, always good....hot or cold..... a true favorite!!!!!

2. Laura Berwick profile image88
    Laura Berwickposted 7 years ago

A chicken salad sandwich, make it with dill pickles... delicious!

Sounds divine!!!! I happen to have some juicy dill pickles too...nice and cold!!!!  Ok, now I'm drooling!!!! :-) Thanks!!

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
        Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is so weird.  That is exactly what we are having for dinner.

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I just finished making din din for my daughter. We're having a nice tossed salad topped with some BBQ chicken, and a little side of fresh corn and bacon salad.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, bbq chicken, fresh corn and the bacon salad...girl, now I'm hungry all over again!!!!! :-)

4. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

I made cornflake chicken, green beans, and baked potato smile

5. Montana Farm Girl profile image61
    Montana Farm Girlposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all the help and for jumping right in with all the suggestions!!!!!  Ended up, we had london broil bbq, with a side of buttery corn... my tum tum is full and I am no longer starving...until morning arrives :-)!!

6. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Nice thread...of course, Pam and I are on short rations due to limited funding, so we've been mostly eating--as my Dad used to say when he was alive--"Bacon and beans and damned little bacon."

The true staple of all American grub.... and you can still pick up a can of beans for .69!!!!  I put a squirt of bbq sauce and brown sugar in mine, and it even tastes like the high price, "snooty" brands :-)!!

7. wesleycox profile image82
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

Since it's hot outside and you're working.  Definately eat something light and cool, such as salad, fruits or raw veggies.  Carrot sticks, grapes, any fruit is good... obviously carrots aren't fruit but whatever.

Grapes sound divine!!! Perhaps I can get some and freeze them; perfect treat, especially when I'm working outside, on the farm, in the heat...sounds perfect!!! Thanks!!

8. kmackey32 profile image79
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Oh I was starving tooo. I just ran down to the local uni-mart and grabbed a bag of honey bar-b-q chips.... MMMMMMMMMMM yum yum love em.....

honey flavored ones?  really? omg, that sounds sooooooooo good!!!!  i get cravings for bbq chips every once in awhile...especially when i see them on the end caps at the grocery store~ great selling tactic huh!!!  have you ever tried the "limon" flavored chips?  they look really good too... i just keep forgetting to grab a bag...thanks for the idea!!

9. puppascott profile image80
    puppascottposted 7 years ago

How about some grilled summer squash and zuchini slices, rubbed with a little olive oil and sprinkled with S & P. A little drizzle of Balsamic vinegar is highly encouraged.

Oh my puppa... sounds heavenly!!! you are quite the chef it sounds...you must spoil all the women with your creative cooking!!! :-)

10. puppascott profile image80
    puppascottposted 7 years ago

I don't know about all that, but food is a vice I openly embrace.

I just hope you enjoy it.

working