How to backlink?

1. sherly_hello profile image61
    sherly_helloposted 7 years ago

I just joined Hubpages yesterday.

I have two hub pages on this site. I have the same blog in wordpress,blogspot & in my forum website too.( I have copy pasted my own work )Is that what is creating a duplicate on this website.

Two of them says Duplicate in RED & one of them is highlighted to say Needs revision.

Could some one please tell me what to do. I donot want to delete any blogs coz I want the traffic to atleat one website i.e if wordpress, blogspot etc. If I will only relly on Hub pages or only on blogpsot wont help much. I am happy to delete from wordpress as they donot allow me to have advertisement anyways hence i wont earn anything from them.

Please help guys.
    IS there any way I can tell Hubpages that those blogs are mine & they allow me to post here too. given that i am not stealing someone else's work

please reply ASAP

2. MontyApollo profile image60
    MontyApolloposted 7 years ago

Cut and pasting duplicate content is one thing Hubpages really does not want you to do, even if it is your own work.

I am pretty new to all this, but from what I understand duplicate work lowers your rank in search engines.

Your best bet would probably be to just post different but related articles on each site, or maybe put a brief intro on your blog then link to the full article on Hubpages (but not the other way around - Hubpages wants the content here).

3. curiozities profile image61
    curiozitiesposted 7 years ago

I first joined thinking I could just use stuff I've written for my website The Humorless Twit.  Boy, was I wrong. 

HubPages does NOT like duplicate content, regardless of whether it's all yours or not.  But what I have done is taken some of the columns I had already written for my site and re-wrote them. Maybe you can try that with your previously written pieces.  For me, anyway, it's easier than writing from scratch.