jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

New Today! Could Use Some Feedback On My First Hub

1. missyox profile image61
    missyoxposted 7 years ago

I made my first hub!  It isn't as nice as most of them, but I think the content is good!

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Welcome, Missy! Not bad for a first hub. I have just a couple pieces of advice.

1. You did quite a bit of keyword stuffing. I never really think that's a good idea, but if you're going to do it, do it towards the end of your hub. Google won't care, but your readers will. You want them to stay around just long enough to notice your ads. When I see keyword stuffing, I'm totally outta there.

2. If you're keyword stuffing, you're probably trying to make money from your hubs. Unfortunately, there are some folks searching for the term "home made energy", but the advertisers are only paying approx. 5 cents per click to Google. The payout to you will be so low, it will take forever to make anything. Look for keywords that have average to low competition, good number of searches per month and $1.00 or more cost-per-click (means bigger payout to you).

3. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Hi!! Welcome to HP and this is always a common occurrence with new hubbers.

1. Needs pics

2. Needs Amazon Capsule

3. Try to utilize 'We more instead of 'I' just a  lesson that others taught me. However for your very first hub it wasn't bad at all. smile

1. emievil profile image84
      emievilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for passing on the lesson through your third advice. Congrats also on your 100th hub!

4. blondepoet profile image80
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

Hi great to see you I left a comment on your hub, if you need any help just sing out.....smile

5. martinrocks_88 profile image75
    martinrocks_88posted 7 years ago

if you are going to subscribe for google adsense ,then you can split up your text capsules...

6. Lady_E profile image81
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

I found your first Hub interesting. People have given you lots of advice on the thread, so all that's left for me is to say welcome to Hubpages.  Enjoy.  smile

7. Pete Maida profile image62
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

Very good first hub.  As I said in my comment, I admire hubbers and can come on the forums and say, "Here I am" and back it up with a strong hub.