jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Amazon

1. lawretta profile image78
    lawrettaposted 7 years ago

I am worried, i have 14 clicks on my amazon account but yet no penny. How come? Should i take off amazon from my hubs and concentrate on adsense.

1. fierycj profile image85
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My naija sis, no too worry yourself 4 Amazon head. Leave am there. If e no pay no show. E no go kill you. One day e fit pay. Lol. That's just my way of showing we're both Nigerians. Just finding out about ya, basically.

2. girly_girl09 profile image76
      girly_girl09posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Adsense earnings really only depend on a few things:

1. Are people finding your hubs through search engines that are looking for products to purchase?
      2. Are the products featured really relevant to the content of your hubs?

I only make sales through amazon when promoting products that people are looking to buy. Since the Amazon cookie only lasts 24 hours on the viewers computer, if you're not targeting people who are looking to buy, you only have the chance of selling to impulse buyers. It happens, but is very rare.

That being said, I currently have a conversion rate of 3% of sales from clicks. That doesn't sound like a lot, but I am making 1-2 sales per day now. It takes a lot of clicks, usually!

Good luck!

lawrettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks girl! Thanks everyone.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Get a realistic attitude about how long it takes for retail sales to work.  And remember, it takes sales to make money, not product views.

3. girly_girl09 profile image76
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

you're welcome! smile A good idea for selling amazon products is to write reviews on products that you use and love. You could do comparisons or simply write about one of your favorite possessions.

For example, I wrote a review on the Dell Mini 10 netbook. You get $25 from the sale of a laptop on Amazon, which is pretty darn cool. smile

lawrettaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks girly_girl09, you are the best! Thanks again.

1. viryabo profile image86
        viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, isn't she. She cant imagine the useful tips i've got from her.

working