jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Improving a Feature: Stats

1. Koby profile image60
    Kobyposted 7 years ago

I think that the line graphs that are given for our stats should be improved.  There should be a category in "My Account" just for comparing 1 hub graph to another, etc. 

Graphs with as many options as http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/ch … playForm=1 would be great!!

2. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

yea that sounds good. smile

3. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

You can get tons of data (more than I would ever need) from google analytics. You can link accounts through adsense. I try not to log into analytics that often because once logged in, it wastes so much time. lol It's so fascinating to view all the data and be able to compare certain days, etc.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The stats here are supposed to be the bare bones, with (as was just pointed out) the real data coming from Google Analytics.

5. Koby profile image60
    Kobyposted 7 years ago

I agree that google analytics is a great program for looking at statistics, but i still believe more can be done at hubpages to improve the stats system.

Simple things would be great, like being able to compare two hubs on one graph.  I'm not asking for major renovation, just making a suggestion for an improvement.

6. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Koby, I think what some of us have not expressed more clearly and which you aren't intuiting at all is that HubPages was designed from the get-go to not really have stats here and for you to use Analytics.

I don't bet money on things, but if I did, I'd bet that HubPages would rather you use Analytics to compare two Hubs as opposed to putting their energy into reinventing the statistical wheel (which already exists).

1. Koby profile image60
      Kobyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And thats why i'm saying that hubpages should consider having more thorough and informative statistics.

Analytics is great, but since it isn't hubpages.com, it operates in a way that makes it a broad blanket over the internet, instead of concentrating on how hubpages operates.

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think if you offer to pay for development, they will seriously consider it. smile

7. Whitney05 profile image70
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Analytics perfect for detailed stats on traffic, keyword, and whatever you want. HP runs just like any other website in terms of traffic and keywords.

There's no need to improve the stats here. The ones here give you a general idea, which is what they were intended to do.