jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

background color in capsules (ps, thanks, darkside)

1. mommyfreelancer profile image87
    mommyfreelancerposted 7 years ago

First, thanks to darkside's post, I was able to improve my hubs for Top Ten Reasons Why The Philippines Is A Great Tourist Destination.

I can't however, put a background color on the toggled text capsule. Silly me, but I can't see which one to click/activate. It still says - available only when aligned right.

Help please?? Thanks!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I don't believe you can shade the text capsules.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Actually, you can shade the text capsule the same as you can the retail ones.   And the process works the same way, meaning you have to right-align the capsule to be the skinner format before the options appear in the edit mode.

4. AsherKade profile image78
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago

there are arrows by the top right  of each capsule (whether it be text, photo, whatever). If you click on the right arrow, the capsule will move to the right. NOw, when you click edit, you will see to the top left there are three shades of background. Hope that helps....wish I could show you in person because I am the worst at explaining it long distance...

5. mommyfreelancer profile image87
    mommyfreelancerposted 7 years ago

Thank you, all, I've done it! When I looked at it this morning, the three background colors were available. It seems you have to first save the changes in the capsule, save the hub, then go back and edit the background. I say this because yesterday after I have edited the capsule and aligned it to the right, it still does not show the background options.

So, now I learned a new trick. Thanks!

6. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

thanks for those tips, mommyfreelancer. I can't do the background colors and I assumed it was because I'm a loyal Google Chrome browser user. I'll check out your method and see if it works for me. smile

1. mommyfreelancer profile image87
      mommyfreelancerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

smile Hope it works (keeping fingers crossed!) smile

2. LeM22 profile image80
      LeM22posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I have this thing for Chrome but it keeps getting in the way. It's bad for html editing in Google Sites, keeps moving images around on HubPages when I edit, and is cantankerous (I haven't spelled that one before, I wonder if it's right?)