jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Question about URL trackers

1. alexd181 profile image59
    alexd181posted 7 years ago

I have a question about the affiliate URL trackers used for Hub Pages. If a person is reading a hub that I've published and then decides to join Hub Pages, would the person be added as an affiliate if he or she clicked on the 'join hub pages' button from the hub I created? Or would it not be counted unless I created a specific link to a URL tracker in the hub itself?

1. kmackey32 profile image81
      kmackey32posted 7 years ago in reply to this

OMG you look like one of the boys in the movie, the goonies. Cory Feldman lol

1. waynet profile image46
        waynetposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You may need glasses! cool

2. darkside profile image83
        darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What Corey Feldman would have looked like without the plastic surgery.

2. bgpappa profile image86
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

I believe if someone comes to hubpages via your tracker and signs up then you get credit for the signup.

Perhaps someone smarter than me on the subject can confirm.

3. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

When you sprinkle your Hub urls over the WWW it should have a tracker on it so when somebody does click ...it is yours. smile I think that's how it works, no expert tho tongue lol

4. alexd181 profile image59
    alexd181posted 7 years ago

So by promoting my hubs on Twitter, Facebook etc people that sign up won't necessarily be added as my affiliates if I just click on the 'post to Twitter' links after making hubs? I'd actually have to manually post each hub and promote it with the URL tracker in the address? Is that right?

1. ngureco profile image87
      ngurecoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good question that hubpages need to look at. As it is now you manually need to edit the url to include your tracker.

5. Jane@CM profile image59
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

On my account page, I click on URL tracker & see "referral trackers" with a tracking token.  Next to that there is a "Create new tracker", how do you create a new tracker?  Are you suppose to create a new tracker? Mine is still at ZERO.  Lets just change my user name to cluelessJane, more suitable.