jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Commuting to New York

1. mz_247_njinfo profile image61
    mz_247_njinfoposted 7 years ago

How many people commute to NY on a daily basis and feel you are being penalized with the tolls, and mass transit fares?

1. mz_247_njinfo profile image61
      mz_247_njinfoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think it is horrible that in order to work in NY, I have to pay, out of state taxes, city taxes and increased tolls and fares. The state of NY acts as if they are doing us a favor when we are contributing to their economy. We eat, entertain and shop in NY. I think that should account for something and we commuters should receive some type of reimbursement, discount, etc.

2. Ron Mariano profile image60
    Ron Marianoposted 7 years ago

One of the reasons why New York is not that broke. But yes, it's expensive.

3. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I commuted to NYC on and off for a while. My company did subsidize some of the commuting cost though.

God bless ya, girl, I don't know how you can stand to do that every day. I used to take Metro North into Grand Central and would walk to the office, and I was completely stressed and exhausted by the time I got to work!

4. mz_247_njinfo profile image61
    mz_247_njinfoposted 7 years ago

I drive every day and between NJ Turnpike and the George Washington Bridge I pay $14 dollars a day. Ezpass is a joke. They have a discount plan for all of the other bridges except the George Washinton Bridge.

That is a good idea. Maybe I can ask my boss to subsidize my commute. Wish me luck!

working