Tweaking your hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

How many times do you go back and tweak your existing hubs?  I find myself tweaking more and more, but not sure what others do. Your recommedation?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image62
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been going back, selecting better keywords and adding pictures.

Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you...do you do it a lot?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image62
          Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have started going back and trying to improve each hub one at a time. Limiting keywords to a select few say 10 really increased my views.

Thanks for the advice, that is going to be my project this week while on vacation.

2. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've also gone back to some of my hubs. A little bit of editing, some additions to the hub and generally, more pictures. I do this everytime I see the traffic falling or if I think I found something interesting that I can add to my hubs.

Ok, that is good...I was wondering if I am just weird smile  thanks for responding

1. profile image49
          badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ps - Yes you are weird smile

Yes, I know and I love that about myself smile  At least now you clued in smile wink, wink!

1. profile image49
              badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Always was smile smile

Hehe :0)

3. compu-smart profile image90
      compu-smartposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Every time someone comments in my hub,i use this as an excuse to re-edit and improve hub as we all know nothing in life is perfect and everything can be improved and made better just like evolotion and how things evolve for the better!..

I have spent the last year just re-editing all my existing hubs instead of writing more which has proven to be just as productive and its increased those hubs scores and traffic.smile

Thank you, I think it's important to edit but I do spend a lot of time doing it when I should be writing more hubs.  However, finding the balance is important, which I am seeing that now.

2. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

And when you do, don't forget to optimise the summary, because that's usually what people see in the search engines.

EXCELLENT point, one thing I have not done but going to now!  Thank you so much!

1. Lisa HW profile image63
        Lisa HWposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This will seem like a really dumb question to a lot of people, but how do you "optimize the summary"?   In fact, what do you mean by "summary"?  hmm

I was understanding it to be the summary (when doing the title) usually I don't add a summary to my hubs, however, I think it is important to make sure you recap the hub in a few quite words. Does that make sense?

Wow.  I don't know even know where you add a summary.  I'll have to go look.   (Nobody look at how long I've been on here or how many Hubs I've done.  hmm  )

(Just looked.  I found it.  Apparently, whatever is on mine is what the system did.  My lack of curiosity about clicking buttons when I don't know what they're for will be my ruination!  smile  )

1. Paraglider profile image88
              Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, that's what I meant. If you don't write your own summary, the system just grabs your first couple of sentences. But usually you can improve on that and write something catchy.

3. wannabwestern profile image93
    wannabwesternposted 14 years ago

Yeah, I re-edit hubs too. Frankly I'm always finding misspellings and other errors. Other times I add information or just improve a paragraph. Writing well is a lot of work for me. It doesn't come naturally.

I am with you,I always find misspelled words or things that didn't come out as I mean them.

4. profile image0
    Duchess OBluntposted 14 years ago

Thank you for asking this question.
    I am such a newbie that any question and answer forum is worthwhile for me.  There is a fountain of information freely shared here.  It's great.
    I would love to know how to optimize the summary as well.  Maybe it should be posted as a question on it's own.

If you haven't already posted it I'll do it now.   smile

5. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

I never go back to Tweak but I have noticed recently, that the experienced Hubbers tend to have loads of tags on their Hubs. One of my To-do's this week is to go through all my Hubs and add more Tags. Might make a difference.

Some good points noted on this Thread.

6. N. Ramius profile image73
    N. Ramiusposted 14 years ago

I tweak my hubs based on keywords people use to come to my site to make it more relevant to them.

What do you mean?  Keywords to make people come to your site?

7. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

I don't tweak much. I have gone through a few older hubs now and again to make changes though, but not on a regular basis.

8. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Twice a week I click on my account to see what hubs are getting little or no reads. I either change the Title about, add a few new tags or add a small amount of content.

I did it last night with one that had zero reads in 3 days and it has 5 today, so it's worth a tweak but only ones that get little or no reads, oh or if I notice the adsense ads are not relevant to the hub.

9. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I just leave mine be. Not saying that's a good thing. That's just my thing. I did start tweaking one at one point (no reason, just felt like tweaking something - I can think of worse things to tweak) and it became a rewrite. So I gave up. It remains unpublished.

Not really based on much logic other than the one's I've written that attract the most external traffic are not the one's anyone (on here) would guess them to be. I expect.

Anyway - to those that tweak, good on you smile

That's what I wonder, in the long run is it really worth it.  Thanks for sharing

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ahhh lol now don't base your tweakability on what I've said alone. I was just sharing what I do ... or not as the case may be. And it works for me.

But I generally write humongous tripe. And the internet is a really weird place. Seems quite a few folks out in the world wide web like asinine hogwash wink

Yes, a weird place the internet!  But still so much fun.

10. kmackey32 profile image63
    kmackey32posted 14 years ago

I do sometimes, it seems to make the traffic rise more..

11. Christa Dovel profile image70
    Christa Dovelposted 14 years ago

I have tweaked several of my hubs, sometimes I find it makes a difference.  I would like to understand more of what makes one hub work and another flop.  I thought it was the amount of competition in a subject, but I haven't seen it to be true.

Great Question!  Don't know answer though...sorry

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)