jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Is it allowed to hire someone to reseach and post hubs for you

1. fashionguru profile image51
    fashionguruposted 7 years ago

I have seen a many threads with some hubbers complaining about someone posting several hubs within a short space of time.My questions are:
    1.Is it allowed to hire someone to research and post hubs for you
    2 Is it allowed to ask your family to research and post hubs for you
    3. If one is considered a spammer what are the repercussion
    4. What the effect of your rating with regards to revenue generating.

1. Fiction Teller profile image60
      Fiction Tellerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure about someone else posting Hubs for you--that would mean HubPages would have to allow proxies to have access to your account, and I don't know if they do or not.

But as far as getting someone else to research and write your Hubs, that's called outsourcing, and it's a legitimate practice of Web marketers.  Many hire writers on a write-for-hire basis to do just that.  Outsourcing appears to be allowed by HubPages according to their Terms of Use:

"You may only use Content to which You have the necessary rights, including (but not limited to) intellectual property rights regarding copyright, trademark, and trade secrets. You must have permission to use third party content from the content owners."

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

1 & 2 - Have you ever bothered to actually read the Terms of Service for this site?  After all, you legally agreed to them when you signed up to use the service...

3 - Spammer repercussions:  getting insulted in the forums, getting your Hubs voted thumbs down, getting your Hubs flagged, having all your links turn into "no follow," and most likely not making any money.

4 - Hub ratings and scores have NOTHING to do with anything outside of HubPages or with revenue.

2. B.Z. Alixandre profile image78
    B.Z. Alixandreposted 7 years ago

I can't actually answer that question though I imagine it's a no, but that seems to me to be lacking in the spirit of HP.  If you are doing this FOR the money, you might want to reconsider you money making options.  If your here to write then it makes no sense to have other people do it for you.

3. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

There are a few hubbers here who ghost write for others. There are a few who will readily admit that they hire other writers to write their hubs for them.

As for the last 2, just don't spam and ratings I believe really depend on your traffic not revenue.

4. wannabwestern profile image89
    wannabwesternposted 7 years ago

If you are willing to pay someone to write for you, why not go the extra mile and get your own content-specific web site? It seems like you would generate more revenue that way and be able to make more money from AdSense and other affiliate programs.

Lots of people on HP make hub writing a family project.

5. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

I think it’s not right to hire writers to write on your behalf because hubpages is a community of writers as well as readers. If it was just an issue of pumping articles, then hubpages’ owners can hire writers and take 100% profit instead of 40%.

1. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Don't do it, if you think it is wrong smile

Oh, and Hubpages most certainly is not a community JUST of writers or readers smile

6. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

If you think about it, HP does hire us after a fashion by offering revshare.

So, they get people jumping and eager to write here to both share their knowledge and make money, get constantly fresh content, and all the headaches that go with it.

Pretty genius, if you ask me. smile