jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

A first for me!!

1. jenblacksheep profile image85
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

I'm sure this isnt very exciting to anyone else, but it was amusing for me so I thought I'd share.

I got asked out today, properly, for the first time. I mean, I have a boyfriend, but he didn't ask me out as such. We met and I was drunk and gave him my number. That was my first proper date, but this was my first time actually being chatted up and asked out.

I was swimming, so I'm sure he was more interesting in the fact that the person he was talking to was half-naked, but nevertheless! He asked if I wanted to go for a drink after swimming and if he could have my number. I said no, obviously. But I was mega chuffed and spent the rest of the day with a smile on my face. I love when little things like that happen that make me smile!!

1. Davinagirl3 profile image61
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't know if I have ever been asked out, properly.

2. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Well, proper congrats to you! I have 2 comments: 1) Write a hub about the experience; and 2) Drink a little less. smile

1. jenblacksheep profile image85
      jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago in reply to this

1) Yesterday I posted two hubs about things that have happened while I was swimming, I guess I'll have to add this to it.

2) I actually don't drink very much at all, at least not to the point where I am drunk. And if I hadn't been drinkin I wouldnt have met my boyfriend, so it was a rare occasion when being drunk actually worked out for me!!

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

Are you two really serious? Do young men these days not understand women or manners? Holey moley. Guess it's not so bad being old folk after all...

4. kmackey32 profile image79
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

Yea I met my husband when I was drunk..hmmm Thats were I went wrong. lol

5. bgpappa profile image87
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

Good for you.  Its nice when little things like that happen.

6. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

Very cool.

working