jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have you tried using Voice Recognition Software?

1. wannabwestern profile image90
    wannabwesternposted 7 years ago

I can't believe my good fortune. Found a sweet little digital dictation device on discount at the grocery store of all places for $25. I've been wanting to try out using dictation in my hubbing, but it looks very complicated, and I am a former tech writer to boot. Will I have to buy the Dragon Software to make a go of this?

Is anyone out there using a handheld-dictation device? What are your thoughts?

1. Ambition profile image75
      Ambitionposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i tried dragon naturally speaking( can be downloaded from torrents), you need to consistently practice means you need to make software used to your voice and it will work great.

2. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago

I tried it when I was younger. It didn't go so well:

ME - And the cat sat in the hall

Software - And the fat hat not at all

I'm not the greatest fan, I must admit.

1. brad4l profile image83
      brad4lposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It has improved a great deal since then wink

I have never used it before, but Dragon NaturallySpeaking is very popular, although this is probably because there aren't too many other realistic options...

1. 0
        L. Andrew Marrposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, to be fair, when I tried it it was 1998 and I was 7...

3. wannabwestern profile image90
    wannabwesternposted 7 years ago

You youngsters! LOL!

I worked at a computer lab in college that had all the translation software for the Humanities department. Of course that was in the dark ages, last century! It is sooo amazing to me that you can buy software that will learn your voice and take accurate dictation.

I think it would be worth the effort to learn and train my voice. I need a tool that can help me get a 800+ word hub down quick and dirty. I have so little time to hub but so many ideas. I think there would be a decent return on investment to give it a go. Bought my microphone for 8 bucks today.

4. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

Weird! I was actually just googling Dragon Naturally Speaking just now.

I have tried Microsoft's version with Office 2003 that I set up. It wasn't that great, and it ended up giving my PC problems. I don't think you get one with Office 2007 unfortunately.

I've been looking for a good one for a while now.