jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Help, A Child in the Mix

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

I am now the Newsletter Editor for my Home Owners Association and also newly appointed Neighborhood Watch. There is someone on the Board of Directors that is acting like a child and impeding the progress of the organization and of course the community in which we serve. No kidding! This guy is over 60 and he has jumped up and down in front of them and really had 5 year old temper tantrums. The VP quit already and the Treasurer is thinking seriously of quitting too. It is a very stressful atmosphere to be in. Now this guy was the Trash Committee Chairman too and he up and quit that. He wrote a letter to the HomeOwners that did not pass the Treasuer and for good reason. It was written as the Chairman's way or no way. That wil never go in a neighborhood. So I get to re-write that letter in more of a marketing r proposal tone. In our thoughts we wish he would quit the Chairman of the Board. He has told me to shut up and that I am not on the board and has no say in anything. I need information for the Newsletter. I called and talked to the previous Newsletter editor and passed on what he told me about how to do it and who gets it, when in goes out and all that. Well I got told that the Board has to approve it and that I don't mail nothing. So I said fine with me and I will send them a copy of the draft and they can do whatever they want. Now the President is telling me this but he doeasn't want to keep to his duties as a President and ---well it is a big mess. The Chariman of the Board doesn't want Neighborhood Watch here, BUT it states in the By-Laws that there is and all the provisions for it are there.

How do the rest of the people that are involved with this "child", whom thinks he is King of the Hill and if he doesn't get his way will throw a temper tantrum?

1. fierycj profile image84
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

A child shall lead them...

Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not that child we hope!  Maybe he is re-thinking some things when the letter he wrote is being re-written by me in a more gentle tone.  The thing is he is in charge of setting the meetings and he did set the next one.  He also assumes that everyone has e-mail and they do not.  Instead of just taking a cue to re-write the letter himself he threw a temper tantrum, told us all that we backstabbed him and then quit the committee.  He also lied in front of everyone.  I am sorry I do not want a baby or liar leading our community.  That will just not do.  He has called me names already and doesn't even know who I am.  The President has tried to talk to him on the phone and he just throws temper tantrums no matter what.  Jow do we get around or deal with someone like that?  The President says that he doesn't want to argue with him.  He doesn't have to--all he has to do is tell him the way it is going to run and be done with it.  So we just watch the playground bullu and the rest of us play his games.  Since there is not another meeting set, I have no other choice then to send out e-mails to those who do have it--oh and the president has e-mail but cannot open attachements.  The treasurer doesn't want to write any checks for anything and is about to quit, because of this "child".  We need some suggestions on how to cope with this guy.

2. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Cope? Buy him candy. That should cheer him up. Lol. But seriously, You already gave the solution. The ball is in your President's court. He's gotta man up and handle it. Otherwise, let him keep playing sissy and watch the 'kid' scheme his way to world domination. The safety of the universe lies in your hands, Lady G. Dont screw it up. Talk to your President.

Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL, thanks for the laugh and I have already talked with him several times.