jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why Does My Newest Hub Show An eBay Motors Ad???

1. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Wow, am I puzzled.  One day I read that eBay dissed capsules for our Hubs, next day I see one on my just-published Hub titled The Seeder: 016: Antique Auto Auction.

Thing is, I've NEVER signed up as an eBay affiliate--I'm used to seeing (and WANT to see) AdSense ads in that spot.

Am I missing something here????

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

All advertisers are paying customers tongue lol. Their own ads may show up unless you specify in your adsense to block them I guess. No expert here but maybe offer some help.

3. 0

Hm.  I don't remember seeing anything in AdSense that says, "click here to block eBay ads from knocking our Google ads out of the box".  Likewise, I've NEVER even signed up with eBay (as a buyer/seller ON eBay, yes, but not as an affiliate; I don't even have an affiliate ACCOUNT with them). 

Still confused.

4. 0

Unless you're saying that the eBay Motors ad might BE a Google AdSense ad?  Now THAT would be cool.  Can't see  the usual "Goole Ads" thingie anywhere on it, but can always hope...

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

YEah, a paying advertiser with a G ad account. smile jus my thoughts n as I said, not a expert. Just a thought.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

That ad was probably appearing during HubPages views, not yours.

7. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I have had some of the strangest ads recently. I was wondering why my adsense revenue was down (when traffic has been relatively stable), so I went to my sister's house and we used her computer to see what my hubs were showing. The ad matches were really really bad. Went to a few neighbors' houses as well. Different ads were showing, but really weird matches for many hubs.

Called my nephew, in a different geographic area, he reported the same thing.

This may be related to the wide variety of topics on Hubpages. My own websites are seeing a better match.