jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

What keywords am I being found for?

1. 0
    TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago

Hey Hubbers!

I noticed my hub on toddler toys being found in Google already but I'm curious if and how I discover which keywords and phrases I'm being found for? It just has a total found.
    Tiff smile

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

If you set up an analytics account and associate it with HubPages you can get a lot more data about how people are finding your hubs.

Link in the id here: http://hubpages.com/my/affiliate

We don't have any easy guide to signing up for analytics set up yet, so just post back here if you have any questions or problems.

3. caspar profile image84
    casparposted 8 years ago

I don't like to self-promote, but I'm going to anyway as I think I have just the information you need!  I have written a hub on setting up and using Google Analytics:

Google Analytics is great for checking out which keywords and phrases people are using to find your hub, amongst other things.

Hope this helps!

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's not self promotion, that's a way to impart the information without having to reprint it word for word.

I found your hub extremely helpful. There were a few hubs here dealing with Analytics, and yours and one other explained simply and easily how to set it up and get going.

Excellent work!

4. 0
    TiffanyDowposted 8 years ago

O, okay! I do use analytics for my domains, but didn't know I could use it on a Hub page. This might get kinda sticky if and when I build lots of hubs. I wish it was just on the hub page itself. LOL
    Thanks, everyone!

5. caspar profile image84
    casparposted 8 years ago

Having lots of hubs shouldn't cause a problem with analytics.  The tracking data fyour hubs overall will be summarized under your hubpages profile in Google Analytics.  Each hub is treated just like a page of a web site, so you can click through to get more detailed reports, such as keywords, on an individual hub if you choose. 

You will probably find it very straightforward to set up if you're already using analytics for other domains - just add a new website profile in Google Analytics, using your hubpages profile address.

6. Princessa profile image87
    Princessaposted 8 years ago

Am I the only one who doesn't understand a word of all this?

I feel silly... I'll better go and have a look at Caspar's hub page to see if I come out any wiser.

1. makemoneyonline profile image60
      makemoneyonlineposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I didn't know anything about Google Analytics but was able to set it up after this info from Paul Deeds:

There's also a video showing you how to do so.

When you learnt the basics, something that is usefull is to know how to exclude your own IP address, I will update the article when I will feel like doing so smile

7. bloggerdollar profile image45
    bloggerdollarposted 8 years ago

You can check the content page on analytics and then check out keywords for each page.