jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (16 posts)

Stupid Co-workers

1. wesleycox profile image83
    wesleycoxposted 7 years ago

What is the best thing to do when you have a sophmoric co-worker?

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Stab them in the back ASAP.... j/k.  Seriously, there are going to be halfwits where ever you go.  Throw a rock and you will hit one.  Is this person, your superior?  Do you have to work closely with this person?  If not, just live and let live.

2. 0
    dennisemattposted 7 years ago

ignore it if possable. do not sink to their level, politely remain the grown up. depending on how bad it is, you could try taking them out for coffe and getting to know them a little bit, and maybe explaining what behavior is acceptable in the work place?
    or just shoot 'em with rubber bands when no one is looking...  wink

3. wesleycox profile image83

I like the stab them in the back theory.  This person is the same rank as me but put into a higher position.  If he was a tool he'd be a cresent wrench (most used tool).  I wanted to punch him earlier but chose not to.  I work closely with this guy and we used to get along, then the position came and he became a total douche nozzle. 
    DenniseMatt: Rubber bands no, rocks yes!

1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would like to say rise above it, but I know if it was me, and he made my life miserable.  I would return the favor.  Play it cool, though.  He might burn himself.

4. BrianFanslau profile image62
    BrianFanslauposted 7 years ago

My co-worker would have to be my alter ego. Since I work much of my day from home smile

5. 0
    dennisemattposted 7 years ago

OK. So you know him already. Call him a "douche nozzle" lol  to his face!! HAHAHAH
    no, really, there is ALWAYS a tool in the crowd. try to just let it roll off your back. As long as you know your doing your job.
    Where my husband works, he gets crap all the time. It sucks so bad to bring that home with you, and it eats away at you, slowly ruining your quality of life outside of work...are you able to somehow get the boss to notice his childish actions?

6. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Reason why I decided never to work for anyone. I couldn't stand dimwits at work or anyplace for that matter. I might just show up one day at work with an Uzi and blast everybody to hell. No friggin' kiddin!

7. wesleycox profile image83

Well dennisematt, the boss is a beach ball (puffed up but full of hot air) so thats not happening. 
    fierycj: I carry a weapon everyday and have rounds in it but I ain't gonna shoot no one.  Tempting offer though.
    Davina: Tomorrow when he tries to talk to me I'll tell him that speaking to you is not worth the air it costs me to say F*** You!  Then simply walk away.

1. 0
      dennisemattposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sounds good. last year, my husband waited and waited sooo long trying to get things better...then he EXPLODED!!!!! it was a scene. Really, the best thing is to walk off, log into hubpages, and vent!!! get you head around right, and hopefully it wont bug you so bad. Some people never grow up.

8. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

Some of my horrendous co-workers did self-implode, but I may have helped the process along a little bit.... I was hired to get my job done. Anyone else that got in the way and didn't contribute were worthless, not only to me, but to my superiors and to our campaign. My only loyalties were to my task at hand and to the organization as a whole. If immature co-workers weren't contributing, I had no issue with throwing them under the bus! That may sound cold and callous, but it's how I operated and the people that mattered respect me for it.

In the "real world" workplace? Most of the times you can ignore. Chances are, it will be obvious to your superiors if someone isn't pulling his or her weight or making office life miserable for everyone else. In my situation, not all of us were closely monitored and just expected to get the job done - if one of the higher ups got word from a respected person in regards to another co-workers poor performance, they were toast.

9. wesleycox profile image83

I like all these ideas.  Buses, bombs, humiliation... sounds do-able.

10. love my yorkies profile image60
    love my yorkiesposted 7 years ago

well, here's my 2 cents worth.  i agree with most of the others, try to ignore it if possible, he could end up hanging himself.  HOWEVER, since I am mischevious and slightly rebellous by nature, i'ld say any little thing you could do to him, go for it.  dealt with a lot of those people as co-workers over the years, which is probably why i'm more warped than i used to be.

11. AsherKade profile image78
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago

I have thought about a hub on this one. I have EVIL coworkers.

12. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I once worked with a passive-aggressive, narcissistic, long-suffering gay male. (Sorry all my gay friends out there! But you know exactly the type that I mean!)

I tried to ignore him because I thought he was pathetic and he was getting in the way of me getting my job done, until I found out that I was the one being undermined in the eyes of my superiors.

Wesley, I'm with you. Bombs, buses and humiliation! smile

1. AsherKade profile image78
      AsherKadeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just turn the ass in(provided there is good reason, of course) and watch the carnage....in my profession, you can't fart wrong...