jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

did AIDS come from sex with chimps or eating them?

1. AsherKade profile image76
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago
    1. Davinagirl3 profile image60
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is not news.  We have known this for years.  It is still most likely that man first came into contact with the virus through blood contact.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

It does not surprise me about the eating, lol. It is part of diets for some I guess and ingestion for thousands of years of animals probably passes on some sort of dna change whether considered evolving or devolving is another question in itself lol lol

3. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

This could be the beginning of a breakthrough in overcoming this virus. Thanks for the link. It does seem to be a very strong lead.

4. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

You should ask the one hubber who regularly does both.  I'm pretty sure he's still awake.

5. paulmkarst profile image60
    paulmkarstposted 7 years ago

Sex with chimps? Oh man, are we that so desperate?
    See what happend then... Got aids.

6. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Could be a question of being curios, not desperate smile

7. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago

Sheep are your best bet.

8. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I do not think the article points to sex at all, but I do think the information about SIV could lead to a cure!

9. 3bagsfull profile image78
    3bagsfullposted 7 years ago

hunters in africa would find monkeys who had the HIV virus or one very similar to what we call the HIV - also remember this virus has been around since the 1940s they believe

the hunters would take the monkeys and butcher them using knives and the often the hunters would cut themselves or have open sores. the blood from the infected monkey would mix with the blood of the hunter and the virus would enter the body.

the virus mutated and began living in human hosts and could be transferred from human to human

the bushmen (hunters) over time left their jungle areas and went to cities (often looking for work)-- more human contact opportunities meant more chances the virus could pass to others.  some engaged in anal sex with others and passed the virus

Anal sex is the most traditional form of transfer as the colon does not have the natural barriers that a vagina has. the anus allows for semen to enter the body and the virus can easily enter the blood stream. some men at times engage in anal sex with both men and woman regardless of their classification of heterosexual. That is why the male prison population in the us has rising Hiv rates

10. AsherKade profile image76
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago

I thought it was interesting.... anal sex or not....