jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Reasons to quit your job

1. mayhmong profile image73
    mayhmongposted 7 years ago

Haven't been hubbing much lately since I finally quit my full time job. I finally decided to quit putting up a fight with my hard headed boss for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. He keeps fussing and cussing me out in front of everyone and even customers for no reason. (Yes I even asked him what I did wrong to upset him, and he said its nothing) I tried everything in helping out, ignore his foul language, and avoid fights with him. He would push it to the limit to make a girl cry and go home. Many people who had witnessed his bizarre behavior said they would never work for that man. Even my mom and some church folks of mine said the same thing. I was sick of him for taking everything out on me and for hurting my feelings.

I now work for his wife in another business they own. She was a lot nicer, and didn't want to lose me. I had never felt so relieved and great since then.

1. Davinagirl3 profile image59
      Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good for you.  No one should have to put up with abuse.

2. AsherKade profile image77
      AsherKadeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

not to spam...but I JUST published a hub tonight on evil bosses... I seem to get them from time to time too....God bless you May....

2. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Happy for ya.

3. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 7 years ago

I'm doing the hubchallenge...See Ya!

1. mayhmong profile image73
      mayhmongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Da hell?!

4. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

I think there should be a law made into affect on this type of behavior. No one deserves to be talked to like that. Its happened to me too. And I didn't say a word. But damn I wanted to smack the person....

5. Davinagirl3 profile image59
    Davinagirl3posted 7 years ago

I would've probably gotten fired because I would have handled him like he handled me.  If he wanted to get confrontational in front of coworkers (which is very unprofessional) I would have gotten right back with him.

1. paulmkarst profile image60
      paulmkarstposted 7 years ago in reply to this

A very brave thing to do! I salute you for that!
      So true indeed, he is very unprofessional. So sad this is happening to many employees all over the world.

6. Koby profile image60
    Kobyposted 7 years ago

Is the new job something you love to do?  They always say you should make money from your passion and call it a job.

7. Mac Mission profile image60
    Mac Missionposted 7 years ago

I got new one in animation department......