jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Hubpages and Amazon

1. pmalik profile image73
    pmalikposted 7 years ago

was wondering if anyone could give me some advice or suggestions on how to create hubs or rather what kind of hubs would work well with Amazon.. I dont have an Adsense or eBay account and so, Amazon would be my main source of monetization.. Looking for some real inspiration and guidance..

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You'd make a good Amazon hub the same way you'd make a good hub even if you weren't going to use Amazon...

My take on gearing hubs towards money-making

3. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

The most important thing to keep in mind for amazon is that you need to attract readers that are looking to buy a particular product or type of product. (Specific products work much better). Product reviews or comparisons do well.

Before you start though, make sure you have familiarized yourself with SEO and keywords. Check out staff member Ryan Hupfer's video on how to find products to write about:

http://blog.hubpages.com/2009/07/how-to … hub-topic/

and then find some hubs on HP that discuss how to optimize your articles for keywords and SEO.

You can write the best hub in the world, but if it's not optimized correctly, you'll get barely any traffic from search engines and those are the readers who will buy products.

Good luck!

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Are you sure it's going to be worthwhile using Amazon at all?

They pay by cheque in US dollars, or by gift voucher.

In Australia, if I try to bank a US dollar cheque, I have to pay a fee of around $35.  That means I'd have to let my earnings build up to a few hundred dollars to be worth claiming, and that would take a long time!

As I don't buy much from Amazon, the vouchers aren't really worth my while either.

5. pmalik profile image73
    pmalikposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the updates everyone.. Would have to rethink using Amazon for Hubpages.. Guess would either wait till I get an Adsense account or publish a few product centric,optimized hubs and see how they do.. Got some serious thinking to do now :-)
    Thanks again

6. simplyjo profile image59
    simplyjoposted 7 years ago

Well I am a newbie here but from what I've heard - Hubpages and Adsense goes best. So, you can just sign up for a free adsense account and get the ball rolling smile All the best.

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's not true for everyone. Depends on the types of hubs you write.

7. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

I know exactly what it's like to want to stay with what's been working and not have to tackle setting up a new account.  So I'll copy a line from all those Get Rich Quick On The Internet ads and say,

"If I can do it, you can, too!"

Except in this case, it's probably actually true.  That you can set up an AdSense account, I mean.  Google's step by step process isn't really all that bad.

8. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

You can ignore any comments that say you cannot make money with Amazon. I consistently make good money with them:

Making money online with hubpages

9. pmalik profile image73
    pmalikposted 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

The thing with adsense is that I did try and set up an account with my blog as well as with Hubpages,  however, didn't get approved, 'cause my blog is less than 3 months old and for hubpages, 'cause they said I didn't "own" the site!So, I guess I've gotta wait and wait.. Or if anyone knows anything that I maybe missing, please help!

And Mark thanks so much for the link and words of encouragement.. That's the reason am in your fan club**smiling**
    Would give it a real good shot with Amazon and hopefully, the results would come trickling in..