jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Suggetion for URL selection

1. ProCW profile image84
    ProCWposted 7 years ago

Make that "suggestion" ... Ahem ...

Anyway, I'd like to have the option (prior to publication) of either changing the hubs URL, or waiting until I'm ready to publish the Hub and then select the URL. I'd also like for the current method of URL selection to remain available... who's with me?

Other URL ideas?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Since almost no one types a URL to get to a Hub anymore, the wording of the URL is not as paramount as it was about 10 years ago.

If thousands of users can pick their URL before they make a Hub, how come it's so hard for you?

1. ProCW profile image84
      ProCWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the comment, relache.

It isn't difficult for me to pick a URL before I make a Hub. However, I thought an alternative would make a nice addition.

3. RooBee profile image85
    RooBeeposted 7 years ago

IMHO, it would be really cool to pick the URL later in the hub-making process. Of course, I tend to write directly in the capsules on about half of my hubs instead of pasting in. On those particular hubs, I'm making alterations as I go and often end up changing the title so it would rock to be able to change the URL as well. As long as the hub hasn't been published yet, it seems reasonable but I'm rather new and certainly hold no special knowledge about such things.
    Anyhoo- great suggestion, I'm with you. big_smile

1. ProCW profile image84
      ProCWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

smile Thanks! smile

4. E. A. Wright profile image88
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

I agree, RooBee. That would be nice ... even when I'm pasting in already written sections for a hub,  I could still be fine tuning the the precise focus and ton of a hub. The typical process for quality writing involves multiple drafts and revision, not just Keypoke, Paste'N'Publish.

If nothing else, it would give the perfectionists out there one more thing to keep playing with  before sending a hub out into the world.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do that. In Notepad. Until I'm happy with it.

If you make a mistake or your browser crashes then it's all still safe and sound as well.