jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Offsite traffic to hubs -- google, yahoo, etc

1. 3bagsfull profile image79
    3bagsfullposted 7 years ago

I was curious

how long did it take for you to see traffic offsite from search engines, etc?

I have a link from yahoo so far which means that yahoo has indexed at least one of my hubs

what is your onsite/offsite ratio for readership?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Somewhere in the forums is another thread on this same topic, which I can't find at all right now.  You might hunt around for it, as it's got lots of stats from the folks who answered.

Only about 8% of my readers come from HubPages.  The rest is all external traffic.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

These days,95% of my traffic comes from search engines, but it took about a year to get to that point.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

For the first few days mine mostly come from HubPages, but after that most of my traffic comes from Google, Yahoo, Bing

3. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

It's different for different hubs. I agree with UW though. Generally my hubs are indexed and ranked within a few days via the search engines. After that, it just depends on how highly they are ranked whether I get traffic from them or not.

4. fritteritter profile image93
    fritteritterposted 7 years ago

I have a few hubs but not many yet, I started writing here about 3 weeks ago. The primary goal has been to get some of my non-HubPages hubs up in the Google results and that has worked out well so far - get to the front page of a few good keywords and you'll get traffic (I'm not doing anything really tough like "earn prizes online" - better off leaving that to my blog).

I'm at about 77% external traffic currently, 51% of all traffic is from Google, 10% from Yahoo, and the rest are places that linked me or where I shared links.

Also, be sure to exclude yourself from your Google Analytics results ASAP so you don't skew the data. Before I figured out how to do that, my time idling on my own hubs really knocked off the "Avg time on site" for my hubs.

Keep an eye on your Traffic Sources in Analytics. If you have some traffic coming in on specific keywords that you could target a bit more by rewriting a bit of a hub, it's worth it!

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

A couple of hours. I was astonished after I published my first hub, to see that google had sent traffic so quickly. I do a lot of keyword optimization and offsite SEO though.

From the first month about 90% of my traffic is from search engines. Other than sales the only trend I track is the number of google visitors over 30 days.

6. E. A. Wright profile image88
    E. A. Wrightposted 7 years ago

A few days.

I published my first hubs ever on July 2. A trickle of google and yahoo traffic started within the week. Of course, we're talking about a very, very small handful of hits here ... but still, it's a start.

Search engine traffic is now a little over 25 percent of my total (still very limited) traffic.

I did some basic keyword research for a few of my hubs; others I simply wrote.