jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Pictures in hub articles.. how do I move them around the text?

1. Jerrico Usher profile image60
    Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago

O.k. it seems pretty straight forward to get the pictures into the photo capsule. The I figured out how to get it into the top OR bottom of the capsule, hit the arrow and it goes swish up to the top or swish to the bottom.. but how dare I ask, do you position pictures strategically within the hub?

like in paragraph breaks and such, seems to me it doesnt want to do it? is their a trick? do I have to use a special html tag or space paragraphs a certain way? I tried the drag drop method, the little thumb with the red border moves with the mouse but when I let go it just bounces back into the box.. now I'm no dummy I build web pages but this is truly frustrating me as to how to make these pictures go where I want them to..

please help! exibit a is my morning power tools hub I got a picture on top and bottom but can't get anything to drop into the middle sections anywhere.. when I edit the capsule it fades the hub out and I can drag just wont drop the image (maybe this is wrong?) can someone walk me thorugh this step by step to putting a picture say between two paragraphs, positioning it left or right or middle and so on, and also word wrapping? (say something in the middle of a paragraph?

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

You have to break the text up in to several capsules. Then you can position photos etc in between the text.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image60
      Jerrico Usherposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Now that makes perfect sense! I wasnt aware you could do that but wow.. I appreciate yourhelp.. so simple yet so elusive to the tired brain.. lol I've been writing this love hub so long I'm not "lovin" it anymore LOL ok nuff jokes.. back to work

3. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

My pleasure. I had the same problem when I started - I was used to blogging platforms where you drop stuff in the text and this works a little differently, but once you get used to it, it's good.

4. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Darkside (and others) have some good Hubs on how to use Capsules etc, which will answer all your questions.  Read some of Darkside's, then look out for relevant topics in the "Related Hubs" section, you'll soon find a wealth of information.

Don't do what I did, and write a whole lot of Hubs in a burst of initial enthusiasm - then I had to go back and edit and re-edit as I found out how it was supposed to be done!