jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

HELP please - am I doing the HubChallenge correctly???

1. mommyfreelancer profile image89
    mommyfreelancerposted 8 years ago

Hello, all!

I just published my first hub for the 30 day HubChallenge:

http://hubpages.com/hub/MAKE-MONEY-ONLI … K-PROVIDER

Please tell me if I'm doing it correctly. Is there any tag I should add, any banners, etc? I am new to HubChallenge and I am generally new to all this techie stuff (RSS, etc) so I will really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance!

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago

Good job on your first hub in the Challenge.  There are a couple things that I see that I would change. 

I wouldn't use all caps in the title.  Think of your hub as an article in the newspaper or a magazine.  You wouldn't ever seen the title in all caps. In the computer world it's considered rude as it denotes using a raised voice.

Next, I noticed you didn't have a comment module on your hub. It is optional, but wouldn't you like people to comment on your hub?  When they do, it gives your hub more chances of being see on the hubtivity screen so that it can be viewed by others.

Last, you need more keyword tags.  Think of words that are important in your article and what people might type in a search box that would make them want to find your article.

If you add the keyword "hubchallenge" to your hub it will show up in Julie-Ann's RSS feed hub temporarily giving you more exposure to traffic.

1. mommyfreelancer profile image89
      mommyfreelancerposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot. Yes, I agree with the all caps as being not usually used, I will change it right away. I will also incorporate all the other points you raised. Thanks very much! smile

1. KCC Big Country profile image84
        KCC Big Countryposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I just revisited your hub and it looks great! I see you fixed the caps and it looks much better, and you added the comment box and have several comments there, including the one I just left you there.  You added the "hubchallenge" tag.  You're off to a fantastic start!

3. Julie-Ann Amos profile image51
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 8 years ago

Plus if you read Ryan Hupfer's post in this forum (it's the one at the top second down) it has all the rules in there.

4. mommyfreelancer profile image89
    mommyfreelancerposted 8 years ago

Thanks, Julie-Ann and KCC, am lovin' this HubChallenge. smile

working