jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

blogger need help

1. all_time_guy profile image72
    all_time_guyposted 7 years ago

hello, i am making a blog but i have a problem now that whenever i post something new it comes first up and my previous posts go down.

I want to know if there is any method by which the order of posts remains from top to bottom means my new posts comes last.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Blogs were originally online diaries, so that's the way they're set up.  If you need your information to come out in another order, you may need to consider another setup for your site - i.e. not a blog! 

I repeat the advice I gave elsewhere - consider writing about your subject here on HubPages.  Hubs are like magazine articles, and you could set up your content as a series of articles, then interlink them in a group and using a table of contents. You'll get readers much faster than you would on a blog.

If it takes off, you can always delete the Hubs and transfer everything on to a website later, once you've learned a bit more about how to operate on the internet.

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago

I am afraid there is none, especially in the famous blogging sites.

3. 60
    dwippyposted 7 years ago

I do not know how to stop your posts from going down but you could make a list of links to your posts at the bottom of your latest post and list them in the order you want people to read them.

Although if you have your blog entry archive on your page it will show the year / month posts and people can read oldest to newest if they want.

Wordpress has categories you could come up with something on that order.

4. online4income profile image75
    online4incomeposted 7 years ago

Actually blog is a log of events, so latest post is always at the top.

Why do you want to change this order, as when number of posts will increase nobody will like to go down to see what is new.

Anyway you can do this, if create your own website instead of using any third party blogging softwares.