jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

question about groups

1. perfumelover profile image81
    perfumeloverposted 7 years ago

i see the groups options in my account. what is that exactly? how do i find groups, join a group, browse groups. sorry, newbie here and trying to figure it out. UPDATE: is it like a category thing i create myself? if so, is there actually a way on hubpages to share similar hubs with other hubbers?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like you've worked out what groups are - you can organise your Hubs into groups, then a link to the next hub in the group will appear at the bottom of the Hub (before the comments) with an arrow.

Groups existed long before categories!

The emphasis on Hubpages isn't on sharing Hubs with other Hubbers, because it's a revenue-sharing site and your paying audience will come from search engines, not from within HubPages. 

If you want feedback on your Hubs, post in the "Extreme Hub Makeover" section.  Otherwise, network with other Hubbers by participating meaningfully in forum discussions - if you make interesting posts, Hubbers will check out your profile and Hubs and become your fan.  Then they'll be sent an email when you write a new Hub.

2. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Marisa's post says it all.  I'd been a member for more than a year and a half before I started using Groups.  Took me a bunch of hours to get them all set up, but it was more than worth it. 

Except for the links Marisa described (invaluable!), it may not make a big difference to have Groups when you're just starting out, but after a while, it's the ONLY way to locate one of your own Hubs from the My Account page without tearing your hair out (if you have any left, which I mostly don't).

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Excellent point, Ghost, I'd forgotten to mention that!