jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Pictures

1. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

Ok. I doubt I get much response within the next few days, but...

I have saved tons of pictures on my computer so that I can upload them to my hubs. If I delete them off my computer, will the disappear from my hubs?

I hate using so much space. I do save them with 50% resolution for the web, as it cuts down the size of the image, but I have tons of pictures on my harddrive.

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

No, they will not disappear smile

You are safe deleting them from your computer. When you uploaded them, they got stored on Hubpages server hard drive, pretty much like on your own computer. Think of uploading as creating a separate copy of your files on another computer.

3. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

i find the biggest, bestest quality I can find, upload them to hubpages and throw away my copy. I would probably need a new hard drive if I tried storing them all myself.

4. Whitney05 profile image63

Awesome! Thanks!! I'm keeping pictures that I may be able to use again, but I know I have some that I won't ever use a second time.

I was hoping that it was set up to store images. But, sometimes, you never know.

5. compu-smart profile image82
    compu-smartposted 9 years ago

Hi Whitney:) You said. " I have saved tons of pictures on my computer so that I can upload them to my hubs"...well, if you have save them to your PC but have NOT yet uploaded they will dissapear!... If they have already been uploaded to Hubpages then they will be saved as Misha explained...

Mark, i would "deffinetly" need a new harddrive!! 

I love saving mystuff online, be it pictures-passwords-software-songs,etc,using the many services such as hubpages, emails and the many free online storage facilitys available.. These can make external harddrive, memmory sticks,CDs AND DVDs kinda obsolete if your aware of the many online services, tips and tricks for saving-storing data;)

I would have left a link to my hub with at least a 100 free services but i know how leaving links is not cool now:)

6. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 9 years ago

Hey compu-smart. That would be the perfect time to leave a link to a relevant hub you have written on a subject that someone is asking about .

7. Whitney05 profile image63

I meant, once uploaded to hubpages, can I delete them off my hard drive and not from my hubs?

I appreciate the info. I am aware of online picturing storing sites such as imageshack.us and such. I tend to upload pictures to them when posting on forums, but those are pictures I prefer to keep on my hard drive (pets, available reptiles, breeder reptiles, etc.)

working