jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Your strange / weird thins about your hub traffic

1. euro-pen profile image79
    euro-penposted 7 years ago

I am still extremely new here and hence I am still keen to view the traffic statistics of my hubs. It's kinda weird to see that there are really people out there who happen to read (or at least click) my stuff.

One funny / weird thing I just realised is that out of all (tiny) search engine generated traffic google.com from Taiwan (!) is the country which brought most traffic to one of my hubs (which are at this time basically all Austria/Europe/Vienna related).

Do you have similar interesting / funny / strange experiences? If so, please share.

P.S.: I am sorry about the typo in the title (thins instead of things). Somehow it seems that there is no way changing the title afterwards. I am writing on a netbook with a tiny keyboard.

1. beautyrose profile image61
      beautyroseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm surprised your only here 10 days but your score is 91 and look at my score. lols hardly get 90 lols

1. euro-pen profile image79
        euro-penposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You made me smile (thank you). To be honest, the first hours of my hub-existence have been quite awful. I was shocked having this low rookie-score. Seeing this score constantly improving made me really happy. However, I have no clue what brought me to around 90 (it hovers around 90 since days). Did not do anything special. Maybe is is related to the fact, that I am reading quite a many of other hubs too (since everything is really new to me).

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

You never know where your traffic comes from or why.

I get a visitor a couple of times a month from the same city in Mongolia. Could be a hubber.

I think it's fun though.

3. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Which city is that? There aren't many in Mongolia, UB is about it (-:

1. 0
      Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If by UB you mean Ulaanbaatar, then that's it.

1. LondonGirl profile image90
        LondonGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not surprising, Ulaan Bataar is about the only settlement in Mongolia of any real size. We did visit a small town called Moron, though.

4. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

Nellie, it's funny to think that someone in Mongolia is reading your stuff. The internet has made so many new things possible.

5. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image76
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 7 years ago

I have got many customers for my real life business (Gems and Jewelry) through Hubpages.
    Jyoti Kothari

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

There is approximately 197 countries and getting 40 consistently from around the globe is a humbling experience but I am still trying to figure out how I get found under *sexy* tongue lol lol

7. Koby profile image61
    Kobyposted 7 years ago

I wrote a hub about how my hubscore drops like a bowling ball on my foot if i don't write a hub every day

1. hot dorkage profile image79
      hot dorkageposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's odd, mine stays about the same no matter what I do.  I haven't written one for quite a while.  anyway I could care less.

1. Koby profile image61
        Kobyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

oh, i'm sorry, i meant views per day.  Not hubscore.

1. Kim Cantrell profile image60
          Kim Cantrellposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ditto.  But I stopped worrying about it and write only when I have something to write about, because it seems to super rebound then.

8. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Seems to me one of the most hilarious things I've experienced with my Hubs has to do with Keyword Research and Unexpected Results.  I wrote one yesterday titled Miracle At The Gas Pump. (No, I'm not pimping my Pump; the reason for mentioning the title will become crystal clear in a moment.)

Traffic is already better than average (in terms of my stuff; no doubt some super-studs and super-studettes get many more views on theirs). 

Now, I had carefully researched the keywords "miracle" and "gas pump".  Not great CPC, but good enough (for me), plenty of searches, and the green bar indicated plenty of advertisers.  But NO clicks.  Then I looked and saw why.

The Hub is about a miracle happening in my life, and I'm fairly certain most visitors knew that up front.  But the AdSense ads? Um...they're all for MIRACLE SOAP. 

9. Pamda Man profile image59
    Pamda Manposted 7 years ago

I've got 3 views from search.yahoo.com.pn and I'm assuming pn stands for Pandaland.