jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

WOULD YOU PAY CHILD SUPPORT ON A KID THAT'S NOT YOURS?

1. AsherKade profile image78
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago
  2. AsherKade profile image78
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago

I woldn't, but if the situation need be, I would still maintain a relationship with the kid....

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I think it all depends on the person. I know a few people that have tried to get $$ from the new spouse of the ex and other people who pay because the kid's own parent is a deadbeat. hmm

4. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

I bought a boy up who was not mine. His mother would not support him although she had plenty of money.

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

That's awful yikes is sad when the parent puts themselves above caring for their own child. Worst of crimes I think. sad

6. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

I did.  I adopted my third wife's two sons when they were 14 and 15, which of course put me legally on the line for child support.  I ran away from her (no joke; she was a scary little thang) three years later.  The older boy was 18 by then, but I paid child supper for a year on the younger one.

They still kept my name and consider me their father, only problem being that the older one, Jason, fell out of bed dead at the age of 37 in 2003.  Autopsy didn't find anything,  but it was a small potatoes hospital.  Pam and I figure the fumes got his liver--he was an auto body guy for years.

working