jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

Why is it so difficult to create a hub?

1. 0
    Pamela Waiolenaposted 7 years ago

The reason I joined this site was to be able to blog.  That's what I thought this site was about.  So, I joined the 30 day challenge and came to post for the 4th day.

I found that I have been posting incorrectly, but why make it so difficult to express one's self?

I have written 3 blogs thus far for the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge and when I just now tried to create a hub to post them, the site  kept giving me error messages.

Why are these pages so difficult to navigate?  What's the purpose in it? If you want to view the expression of others why not make an easier format....like the one for the forum where you can just post your blog?

I would make a comment here, but it might be taken incorrectly so I won't.

As for me, I will find another blog site where these kinds of formatting games are not so damned discouraging. You folks can keep this one for those of you who want to play these "games" to be heard.

It is no wonder that one of the leaders names himself Darkside. The name is appropriate for the way the game is set on this website.  Playing in the dark I guess is just for dark minds.

I shall post my blogs on a sight that does not require such manipulation.

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My goodness, I'm absent for 48 hours yet I still manage to scare people away.

Publishing a hub isn't hard. Thousands of people manage to do it every day. Somehow you've confused posting on a forum with publishing a hub.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I don't see what is difficult hmm practically walks you through pre-designed template and all we do is make a choice. Sorry you did not enjoy the experience and wish you all the best. smile

3. 0
    Sidney Rayneposted 7 years ago

"You don't understand the power of the dark side. I must obey my master."

No wonder I ended up here....hmmmmm.....

Best of luck to ya....cheers!

4. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

Hubpages have made it very easy for people to create Hubs. I'll just guide you a bit.

1.  Click on Start a new Hub at the top of your Page.

2. Type in the title of your Hub.

3. The next box will automatically be filled in with your title.

4. Next, choose the Topic. I'm presuming it will be Religion for you.  Select it.

5. Add Tags - these are important keywords in your Hub

6. Click on Continue, it will take you to a sort of "warnings" page.

7. Click on continue again and this is where you have the layout of your hub.

8. You will see a box with "text".  To get your text in there, you must click on EDIT on the box and then type in all your text.  After typing, press SAVE.

(For now I suggest you leave out photo's as you are already finding it difficult)

9. Click on Preview. It will show you what your text will look like.  Close the window. If you want to change anything, click on Edit again on the Text box, make changes and Save.

10. Click on Publish my Hub and that's it.  You'll be smiling.

(You could publish after step 8, if you want to.

By the time you do your 3rd Hub, you will begin to find it easier and can then add photos etc. 
    Good Luck smile

5. 0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

Great post, Lade_E.  I think our disgruntled Pamela (not my wife Pamela) has already left the building without looking back, though.  That is, if I'm understanding HER post correctly.

Sidney, I was sure I sensed something familiar about you.  Yup. 'Tis the Minion Effect, for sure...big_smile

Just a guess, but I'm thinking Pamela was expecting to just spew out a few stream of consciousness paragraphs and publish same.  Didn't want to play Tags or whatever.

1. barryrutherford profile image37
      barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

mmm funny Ive found the actually posting of a blog here the easiest ive come across.  Im still learning about a few things such as using afiliate correct but other than that I wopuld have to agree to disagree with Pamela

6. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image93
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

That's a shame. I rather like what you posted previously.

It really isn't very hard at all to create a hub.

7. Julie-Ann Amos profile image52
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago

Mmmmmmm Darkside.  Now there's a thought. 

I really hadn't thought of him as a Dark Lord but...

8. Koby profile image60
    Kobyposted 7 years ago

Thats strange that she had so much trouble, and even stranger that instead of asking for help, she took it as a personal attack on herself. 

She shouldn't take it out on Darkside, Darkside is quite lovable, like this teddy bear-

9. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

I only see two hubs created by you, and neither of them have any text in them, which is probably why they're being blocked from publication.

It appears that, prior to that, you were confused about how to use the site (posting your thoughts in the 30 Day Challenge forum, rather than as hubs).

Please consult the HubPages Guide section on capsules for help on using the text capsule and formatting your hubs.  If you still don't understand, post specific problems here so that we can all chip in and help.

10. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Well, for one thing, this is not a site to post your blog, it is a site to write articles. It is very straight forward. Most people who told you you were posting in the wrong place were just trying to help.

11. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 7 years ago

Confusing a forum with a blog is so old school and it doesn't get any easier than hubpages...good luck with your sight problems Pamela!!!