jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Things are not working like they should

1. im2jusrex profile image60
    im2jusrexposted 7 years ago

Where to start? 

I have (supposedly) 3 Hubs on hub pages, but I am unable to find any evidence of the latter two postings anywhere on the web.  I think that I have the incorrect URL (saved on my notepad) for these latter two postings. 
    I can "pull-up" all three hubs from hub pages "hubtivity" (so I know they are there), but can not pull them up through my web browser.

Should I delete the latter two posts and re-enter them using a correct Hub URL?

Secondly, when I posted most recent hub and pinged it, everything appeared to fine - initially.  Then, I edited this hub in order to add more tags and (of course) tried to re-ping it following the edit.  When I went to ping-o-matic I had the following message in the blog details block (where I would normally paste in my URL):
              Blog Name:

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Have you tried looking at

im2jusrexposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I tried your link, but came back to the same HubPage.

Anyway, thanks for the response.

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

imjusrex, I noticed you talking about "posts" and had to check out your Hubs.

I notice you refer to your "HubPages blog" on one of them.  Do you understand that HubPages is not a blogging platform?  Your Hubs are not posts, either. 

If you want your Hubs to either make money, or rank well so they offer good backlinks, then you need to write proper Hubs. A good Hub is longer and far more informative than a blog post.  It is well illustrated with video clips and photos (but make sure you have a legal right to them).  In fact it's much more like a quality magazine article than a blog post.

Thanks for correcting me, but I am still somewhat unclear as to the difference between a - Hub, blog, post and even an article.  Are we not just (mostly) talking about content length.  I recognize that a Hub and an article both require superior content and increasing article length respectively; but isn't a post just a generic name for the act of submitting an "article".
      I have been trying to keep my blogs between 175-250 words, my Hubs 300-600 words and my articles at 900 words and up.  What do you think?

4. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

Also, all hubs should be totally original and in your own words. Even if you wrote something elsewhere and put it on HubPages you will be penalized with a duplicate flag. A

5. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

And the OP is writing hubs about how to make money online - oh dear!

Point well taken.

6. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

thats rough, Ive heard of "fake it until you make it"..but this poster is takes the cake, lmao

7. im2jusrex profile image60
    im2jusrexposted 7 years ago

Thanks to all for your comments.  I'm - "keeping up the fight".