Best lines you've ever received when trying to pick up someone

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (27 posts)
  1. Harvey Stelman profile image60
    Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years ago

By a Vet: I would love to get together with you, maybe I can do to you, what I did to your dog. She had just neutered him.

1. RooBee profile image82
      RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikes You did not go out with this woman, right?! lol

Harvey Stelmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You must be joking, NO!

2. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 14 years ago

When I asked her what her name was...

she asked me "what do you want it to be"...

I replied with "Mrs. (and inserted my last name)"

3. profile image0
    Hack Retisposted 14 years ago

"So, you're smart..what kinda job do you have?"

"One that doesn't involve making money for girls who want expensive stuff."

4. profile image0
    iamqweenbeeposted 14 years ago

Its not the line that was a turn off, it was the poor English

I was at the store and a man approached me and said, "Hey girl you look too good. What your name is?" LMAO

My reply was, "Ms Beetle!"...the English teacher on "Little house on the prairie"

1. Crawling Surface profile image59
      Crawling Surfaceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey you wanna get a pizza and fux. What, you don't like pizza.    Get's em moist every time HA, HA, HA.

5. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

OMG!  Does this stuff really work? how about the truth or honesty or plain being straight up what you want?  gosh, I guess I am old...or just smart smile

6. profile image0
    dennisemattposted 14 years ago

OK. the title said...best lines when trying to pick someone up...well, Ive never tried to pick soemone up.
    geuss Im old too, Ladybird....

1. Ladybird33 profile image66
      Ladybird33posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ha! Ha!  We think too much alike...

You ladies are kidding. I'm a lot older than both of you, married, in a wheelchair and I still get attempts to pick me up.

2. Harvey Stelman profile image60

You have to be joking, too many people attempt pick-ups, age is not a factor.

7. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I had just won a pool (8 Ball) competition and was unscrewing my que (into 2 parts) to put it away.

A very lovely lady came over to me and with her straight face focused directly in my eyes said:

"I have been watching you and how you play with your really nice stick! It looks like you know how to screw with it too!" hmm

I didn't know what to say or where to look becz I knew how much I was blushing by the heat in my ears. big_smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image75
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol...aww Pearl  blushin, maybe it was a subliminal message for...I want ya money

8. Pearldiver profile image68

Yep.. sure did... but not as much as I ran!! big_smile

Whyd ya run, was she fugly?

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No mate.. she was really nice & certainly not fugly.
        I was subconsciously just playing hard to get!! big_smile

Subconsciously lol well just remember dont forget ya seatbelt wink

9. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

You look so much better when you smile. He smiled. and the rest is history

10. Pearldiver profile image68

big_smile big_smile

hey before ya disappear my bro just emailed me from Ohope?

wondered if thats too far south of you or not?

Where is Ohope?

Check the BT hub (off the track & back again) there are good clues & more in the next one.

I can't believe you haven't got it yet EK.. hmm

Ohope ,Whakatane ( I wanna go there  )

Yea well if ya gave better clues instead of pissin around , maybe I would have by now lol

I know where Whakatane is.... They do great fishing charters there and White Island Sacrifice Tours.
            It's a long way away but I'll get some photos for you if I ever get there.  Take care EK... Gotta Fly.

11. dohn121 profile image82
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

"I'm not cheap honey...I'm Two-fifty for a 'Telly.'"

12. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Hey, I really like you.  You get a discount.

13. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Ron, I can't top that one.big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)