jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

Quality hubs?

1. cynthiaalise profile image60
    cynthiaaliseposted 7 years ago

I am trying to create hubs of quality, what exacting makes a quality hub?

1. livewithrichard profile image84
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Click on that link above that says HUBS, right between Topics and Answers.  Then Click on the link that says BEST.  You will get a look at what quality hubs are.

1. getpaidtopost profile image61
        getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i don't agree with this, just because a hub is popular does not make it quality, most of the time it just means the hubber has a lot of friends,fans, and when the hub is published all their fans receive a link for that hub, and if the hub is reasonable most fans will vote on the hub. This does not mean a hub is quality.

Quality is an article with meaning or a purpose, enjoyable and unique in style.

I just wish I could write what I perceive as quality. smile

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

Great answer, livewithrichard! The only thing I would add to that is, every now and then visit some of the top hubbers (click on Hubbers above and the top scorers are listed first) and see how they do their hubs.  Pay particular attention to their layout, where they put photos, do they use videos, news, etc?  Notice the length of their hub. 

In both cases, 'best hubs' and 'best hubbers'...the list is always changing, but a few are pretty consistently there.

3. KCC Big Country profile image85

What makes you think popularity, fan base, votes, or links has anything to do with hub or hubber scores?

what? does it not?

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Because it does.
      http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/930#post3980

Also bear in mind that a good Hubscore/Hubber score has no influence on earnings. 

The best guide we have to what makes a quality Hub is the definition of a Flagship Hub. 

Off the top of my head - informative, 1500 words, 5 photos, 3 videos, 15 tags, a News capsule, 10 outbound links. What did I forget?

exactly smile

4. Ryan Hupfer profile image79
    Ryan Hupferposted 7 years ago

To me, a quality Hub includes each of the following:

>> 100% original content
    >> 600 to 800 words
    >> informative and search-friendly title
    >> clean organization of your capsules, with no huge blobs of text (split them up into multiple text capsules with headings)
    >> informative and helpful for the reader

If you can nail each of these, you're doing a really good job of creating quality content.

Good answer, I was thinking, but its 2am here and my brain starts to sleep at this time. lol

5. lrohner profile image85
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I agree with Ryan with one addition: a decent grasp of the English language -- and that goes for English AND non-English speaking folks!

6. cynthiaalise profile image60
    cynthiaaliseposted 7 years ago

This is a lot of good food for thought.  I am glad that I asked.

7. KCC Big Country profile image85

Sorry, getpaidtopost....you  made it sound like it was all about a popularity contest and I took offense to that.

8. KCC Big Country profile image85

I could have worded my question better.

Edit:  which was a question by the way, that I would have followed up on, but...still poorly worded on my part.  Ryan and Marissa answered it well.

9. AsherKade profile image78
    AsherKadeposted 7 years ago

uniqueness....

1. cynthiaalise profile image60
      cynthiaaliseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I am working on the uniqueness part...I am planing to make some different kinds of hubs.

working