How do read notes written with invisible ink?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (38 posts)
  1. world of the wise profile image66
    world of the wiseposted 14 years ago

I know its hard to know you have run out of invisible ink but lets assume the invisible ink is still available...How do you read the notes you have written with it?

1. Pamda Man profile image59
      Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

Shine a torchlight.

world of the wiseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Pamda mad, your are so funny...but i need my answer

Pamda Manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Didn't I give you an answer?

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

To make invisible ink - use Lemon Juice & write with it on white paper.

To read it - Hold the paper in direct sunlight. smile

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Uh huh!..so now I can read the clues smile

2. Pamda Man profile image59

I think that's dangerous for your eyes.

3. waynet profile image67
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey this reminds me of a bank robbery I heard on the news a few years back, when the bank robbers smeared lemon juice on their faces because they was told it would obscure their faces on the security cameras, they were caught on the same day and sent to prison as someone identified them in person from the bank....

3. Pearldiver profile image67

I want to see how Close you can get to the Bumble EK big_smile

Bring a Rubber Inner Tube big_smile big_smile ----- U know - A Tyre inner tube

I will claim my prize of a "Seafood dinner" too smile

4. Pearldiver profile image67

I am going to the White Island BT Sacrifice next week.  I have to go to Whakatane!! smile to catch the boat.  Do you want some pics EK?  It takes us nearly 2 hours to get there!!

Yesss of Whakatane plse Pearldiver , I know Im gonna end up there one day -intuition maybe

5. Uninvited Writer profile image79
      Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Who over 8 years old uses invisible ink? smile

I can name quite a few. George Washington used invisible ink. When the Declaration of Independence was written, Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, and other people wrote a code on the back of it. This code will lead you to a place where lies a lot of treasure.

1. profile image0
          dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

NO!!!! they put all their clues on the American dollar bill!! Not invasable ink.
          special code....

dennisematt , love ya new avatar , wow so pretty!!

2. profile image0

me. I am waaaay over 8 years old. And its lots of fun.
        If you are reading a homemade invisable ink, such as..lemon juice..simply hold it to a light bulb.
        you dont have to look at it while it is showing up, if your worried about your eyesight.
        If your using the cool presto chango markers you can get, you need to color over it with thr other marker.
        If your using ink from a detective/secret angetn/spy kit you got ordering off the back of a cereal box, well, it should have come with directions. Otherwise, its a lousy kit and ask for your money back!!

6. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years ago

Uh a black light. Obviously.

1. profile image0

OH good one!!

2. iyoung03 profile image75
        iyoung03posted 14 years agoin reply to this

yea that's what I was thinking

7. Pearldiver profile image67

big_smile You know I was thinking the same Susan!! big_smile Then I realised I Do big_smile

8. world of the wise profile image66

Now you guys have started lying, Do you mean a blind man  can see the invisible ink?

Um no he sees the same thing as before-nothing

9. Colebabie profile image61
      Colebabieposted 14 years ago

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/black-light-12.jpg

Do you mean black also shine?

1. Colebabie profile image61
          Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When we'd use invisible ink as kids you would shine a black light on it to read the message. It is a type of light bulb that gives off a purple glow.

Uuhhhmm!!!!!, let me hope some one is not lying

2. waynet profile image67
            waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Er...sort of like a UV light/lamp?

1. Colebabie profile image61
              Colebabieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah kinda minus the crazy danger. Black lights are UVA. It makes things glow in the dark. one has ever seen a black light before? In a club? Black light posters? No? I'm not even a product of the 60s and I've had one.
              http://science.howstuffworks.com/black-light.htm

10. Candie V profile image62
      Candie Vposted 14 years ago

I pay EK to write hubs for me and sign the checks with invisible ink.  (Don't tell her..)

1. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cabin Girl writes her poems with it, tis why they keep vanishing smile

1. Candie V profile image62
          Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!!!

Candie V OHHHHHH when I saw officer with handcuffs, I just thought that was a clue for the next hub you requested lol
            ( I will have that check under the moonlight tonite, yes sir!)

So thats why the officer kept mumblin no'ma'mam, least his mouth said that , his body language weeeelllll...( if wascally BP sees this ) just know whats gonna run through her mind lol

1. Candie V profile image62
              Candie Vposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll distract her while you deal with the occifer friendly!

Its glowing lol
                no
                just BP's thigh apple green boots

be still , oh racing heart

11. world of the wise profile image66

Guys, if invisible ink can really sell, why not set up a company? But how will we put it in the bottles? How will we pack it?

12. Lisa HW profile image62
      Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

I've never thought about invisible ink before; but this thread has me wondering if I've been missing a lifetime's worth of messages sent to me - just because I couldn't see the invisible ink!   hmm  (Does this mean I should hold all that giant stack of printer paper up to the sun?)

1. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You make me laugh out loud!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)