jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

New Suggestion!

1. 0
    sandra rinckposted 7 years ago

Looking at my analytics report, I get about 1000 visitors a day through my hubpages profile from sources outside of hubpages.

So my suggestion is that on the profile, we can chose which hubs are shown that we want to promote.

By this I mean, when you go the profile it shows the most recent, the best etc... but my best and most recent aren't necessarily my money makers or what I feel is the best or what I want to promote.

So, I am suggesting a new feature would be for hubbers to be able to specify which hubs new viewers see first.

Good suggestion?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Some Hubbers already highlight Hubs by including a link in the text part of the profile

2. Drew Breezzy profile image80
    Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago

thats a great idea!

3. Koby profile image60
    Kobyposted 7 years ago

very good idea

4. livewithrichard profile image84
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I like that idea too Sandra.  I don't particularly like highlighting hubs in the profile like Marisa is talking about I think that is some valuable real estate that HP gives us and is better used for other things. Though I can see why some would want to use that space too.

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I think when I look at a profile the first thing I look at is their features with pictures before I do at links.

5. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

No objection, as long as current automatic placement is still an option. I am lazy tongue

Me too.  I know what others mean about adding links, too.

That leads to another suggestion. I try to keep my profile "blurb" pretty short because I want people's eyes to be caught by the pretty pictures on my Hub listing - if I have a long blurb, they might not scroll down enough to see them.  Is there any scope to rearrange the profile page so those enticing links show down the side of the blurb rather than below?

1. 0
        sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

ooohhh, I like that idea too! big_smile

6. forlan profile image59
    forlanposted 7 years ago

i agree with you. we can promote our new hubpages

7. Ladybird33 profile image75
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Very much in agreement and love the new suggestion/idea...now how do we make it happen?

It will go on the list to be considered in a future upgrade by the HubPages team - they will have to work out whether the benefit justifies the programming time involved.

8. Pamda Man profile image60
    Pamda Manposted 7 years ago

Awesome idea!

working