jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Selecting a niche to write about

1. Silver Rose profile image78
    Silver Roseposted 7 years ago

Just popped in to say I came across a first-rate blog post about this, that pretty much walks you through the whole process of picking keywords, and I thought I'd post it in this forum as the biggest difficulty with these challenges is finding stuff to write about.

Here's the link

http://leodimilo.com/internetmarketingb … marketing/

It's a pretty long post, but I would bookmark it, as there isn't anything else out there comparable for clarity on how to select niches.

I do understand that hubchallenge folk may be a bit busy churning out hubs to take the time to do keyword research in this manner, but it's worth at least considering some of the ideas that dimilo mentions.

2. hd1912 profile image60
    hd1912posted 7 years ago

Nice article.  I pretty much use everything listed with the exception of insights.

3. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Leo's entire blog is well worth bookmarking. If hubchallenge folks are too busy to do keyword research their priorities are wrong

1. guidebaba profile image60
      guidebabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Agree. cool

4. getpaidtopost profile image61
    getpaidtopostposted 7 years ago

Keyword research is the first step always. I found a good keyword a few days ago which was foot worship and foot licking these keywords have no competition yet they receive over 1 million searches each month.

Just watch out for Google adsence banned keywords when out hunting. wink

5. CalPhillips profile image76
    CalPhillipsposted 7 years ago

Good find Silver Rose! Once finding a niche, buy the domain, owning that particlar word/phrase!

6. Research Analyst profile image78
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

niche keyword phrases to write about:

skin roller
    skin needling
    collagen induction therapy
    home skin rejuvenation

7. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I think keyword research is the second thing a person should do.

First pick a topic of something that you're interested in. And THEN do the research.

Otherwise a person is likely to pick a topic which seems to pay a lot, and that's their only motivation. They know nothing about the subject or have the ability to research the subject itself.

There's a lot of crap on the internet. But pages that have information from a person who has a passion about the 'niche' is going to making an effort to do that subject justice.

1. Trekkiemelissa profile image80
      Trekkiemelissaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  I personally rather write about something that interests me even if the money is not there.  The way I look at things this way is it may not be popular now, but down the line, it could become very popular.  Even if something is popular is not a 100% guaranty that its going to pay off for you.  Writing quality hubs with information is the best thing to do.  Keyword can be done before or afterwards smile

2. Silver Rose profile image78
      Silver Roseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes. Another point to consider about the topics that "seem" to pay a lot - because everyone and their dog is attempting them, they get saturated, and may not get indexed. Google looks for material from a variety of domains. If a single domain has too much material on a given topic, after a bit, they just start ignoring anything added by that domain for that topic. If you can't get ranked or even indexed for the niche, you won't make money.

Here's how to check if Hubpages is saturated for your niche:

Go to Google and type in

site:Hubpages.com "keyword"  (insert your keyword in the quotes)

If there are several thousand hubs already on that keyword, it's saturated.

People need to try to put stuff on hubpages that doesn't exist already. That way they have the niche to themselves.