jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Would you like your hub edited?

1. jgrider profile image60
    jgriderposted 7 years ago

I hope this is an appropriate subject.  I am new to writing HubPages, but old to editing English, especially for non-native English speakers.  I have seen many pages with very interesting information but with enough mistakes to make them difficult to read.  I don't know how much interest there would be in this, but if you would like me to take a look at your hub and help with punctuation, spelling, word usage, sentence structure, etc., FREE OF CHARGE, I would be happy to help, as much as my time allows.  I will not deal with content at all.  I hope I am not opening a can of worms, but... We'll see.  I'll try this for 2 weeks, until August 12, and see how it goes.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image61
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

Your 'amazaing' husband?

It is a generous offer though, especially for non-native speakers, but I think I'll pass.

jgriderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

OOOOOPS!!  I can spell, I just can't type! But thanks for pointing that out.  I'm on it smile

3. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

I hope many people take you up on your offer, I dont see why they wouldnt. free editing! why not.

4. karpouzian profile image60
    karpouzianposted 7 years ago

Sure, me too smile

5. 61
    dwippyposted 7 years ago

Do you do comma's?  I started college once but they kicked me out on account a comma's.  Well ok they didn't kick me out but well... that's neither here nor there.

jgriderposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There isn't much college-kicking-outing due to commas anymore.  However, those apostrophe's really cause a lot of people to bite the dust <g>

6. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

You are most welcome to peruse the work of the Pearldiver; especially in regard to the useage of commas and Bumble Town - NZ slang. hmm

7. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 7 years ago

I think you could make money editing hubpages. Get those who want to be edited to sign up through your url tracker and get 10% of the income they generate (out of hubpages share not theirs).

Many non-native speakers would benefit and so would you.

8. 61
    dwippyposted 7 years ago

LOL Well they told me my sentence's were too long, so I used comma's, then they told me I used too many comma's, so I just got confused.  How many comma's can you put in a sentence legally speak'ing?

Oh was that ' thingy a JAB? How insulting. :-)  Yah Microsoft word hate's the way I write I end up with green line's all over the place.

I kinda halfway know the rule's but I don't much follow'em 'cause everytime I try to follow a rule they make an exception to it so I just sorta decided that *I* am exceptional so all exceptions apply.