jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

embarrassed hubber asking for constructive criticism

1. Kadmiels profile image73
    Kadmielsposted 7 years ago

I have been on hub pages for about 7 months and would like to ask the community on what I can do to make my hubs better? What you like do not like? I feel a little awkward asking, but I am interested in feedback.  I would like to know how I can improve my hubs or my technical accuracy in creating hubs. Please be truthful in your answers I can take it smile thanks!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
      Ron Montgomeryposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I haven't seen your hubs, but your posting is filled with punctuation and grammar errors.  This isn't an English class, and we all have occasional technical mistakes in our writing.  When these mistakes are numerous, it makes the writing difficult to understand.  Purdue University has a web site with a link that could help with this issue.  I'm sorry that I don't have the exact url, but I believe the acronym OWL is part of it, and if you type this into the search box of their site, you will find some helpful information.

I hope this was helpful.

Kadmielsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for that insight my hubs are a different and not filled with the same marks I think?? sad but thank you for pointing that out in my question I should slow down and take the time to read what I have written

1. 60
          badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Had a quick look at 2 of yer Legends hubs and they are alright but put in a few photos and even a video and it will make it look better presented. Mess about with yer titles until you get one that is getting you more traffic, hope that helps ya.

2. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I scanned about seven of your hubs. The one thing that stands out is the fact that you don't utilise all of HP's cool tools.

You generally only use text capsules - possibly only one or several without separate headers. Pictures can help create a visual - the same with videos.

You could also break your text up into bite size chunks, inserting appropriate pictures and perhaps and external link capsule here and there to some of the wonderful places you've written about?

This is only my opinion so I hope you don't feel all sad

I'm sure someone else will wander by and offer some more constructive advice smile

3. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Kadmiels - your hubs are informative and whilst some follow a theme (as do mine) they remain different. Your grammar and spelling is almost bang on despite your rushed original post - don't be too downhearted or feel anyone's criticising.

We're giving what you asked and so far all I've seen is positives - so go and use them and improve your writing big_smile

Kadmielsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do greatly appreciate all the replies so far and there have been some very good insights. thank you all for taking the time to look at them and I appreciate all the responses.. I will try the suggestions above on some new post i am about to apply and see how it goes. as well if there are any other suggestions i would greatly appreciate it

4. Ladybird33 profile image71
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Research other hubs too, that helps me and you will find a lot of wonderful advice.  You started by asking and just follow up with it and you will see success.

5. blue dog profile image80
    blue dogposted 7 years ago

be original.  don't copy.  don't plagiarize.  you asked.